• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Can You Smoke Inside?

McPatrickClan

McPatrickClan
Reaction score
I rent my small house here in the greater Dallas area, so indoor smoking is out. I wonder how many of you actually do smoke indoors?

By the way, anyone know a great way to smoke inside and leave NO smell?

Lampe Berger and a GREAT window fan. :thumbs:

not with my wife, most on this site I notice have the same situation. :( :( :(

Yeh sure, if I want to find a new home  :D  LOL

My wife went on a trip a few years ago.  The first night she was gone I thought what the heck she'll be gone for 3 days she'll never know the difference I'll give it a try.  Grabbed a good single malt one of my favorite smokes and enjoyed the evening :D  Oh I thought I was clever I had all the windows open a nice draft going and all.  Man the lady must have the nose of a bloodhound the first thing she said when she got home and walked through the door wasn't "Hi honey I missed you"  :love: but......... DID YOU SMOKE A CIGAR IN THE HOUSE :0  :(  :0  I was in the DOGHOUSE for weeks.

Needless to say my smoking chair is now Outside in the backyard with a nice patio heater  ;)

I live in a 2 bedroom in Brooklyn, and I somehow have managed to smoke without having problems. No smoke nazi's for one, but I use a window fan set on high to suck the smoke out, and I have another window open to allow fresh air in. I also use a purifier. The house still smells up, but not as bad.

*shrug*

It's an awful lot of work, but the hour to hour and a half of smoking bliss is worth it in the end. I also use an ionizer. I have to dust/vacuum a LOT more often, but it does help a bit.

benjiev said:
Man the lady must have the nose of a bloodhound[/b]  ;)
You are so right. My wife also has an amazing sense of smell. She claims the cigar smoke will stick like a magnet to our deep cushions on the couch. I guess it's a blessing in disguise: This keeps me watching the birds outside instead of turning me dumber by watching TV.

they do have a keen sense of smell. I know better now than to get away with smoking in the house :sign: :sign: :sign:

Mark, I have a problem similar to yours. My wife has asthma so no smoking in the house. But she supports my hobby.

Next house has to have a separate garage with an attached room. That way I can smoke indoors and have someplace where I can homebrew away from her kitchen. :D

I normally smoke outside, in the garage, in the basement bathroom when I'm on my throne...LOL :p ..., in my car, or at the smoke shop. In the house...once in awhile if the windows are all open with a good flow of air. You really need a seperate room with seperate air in and out.

Although Dave seems to have a good idea...might start trying that.LOL. :D

Bill, I like your thinkin! I know what to shop for on the next project house!

I can smoke in the house..... usually one or two smoked in the evening when I'm trying to unwind after work. I have two hepa air filters (one large and one larger..haha!) going at all times. I make sure to dispose of the butt as soon as I'm done. Leaving butts in the ashtray overnight WILL leave a stinch. The Hepa's get rid of the smoke and some of the smell but not all..... I'm still working on that.

I have heard a lot of very good things about the Lampe Berger aromatherapy lampe that Dave mentioned. I'm hoping that this is what I need in combination with the hepa filters to take care of both smoke and smell. Have not purchased one yet.... I found one site that sells them.... WWW.yippico.com
If anyone knows of another site I would be interested.

I prefer sitting on the porch and smoking but when the weather is bad I smoke inside. Wife complains about the smell sometimes but she knows better than to put up too much of a fight. Besides, the cigar aroma neutralizes her cat's litter box smell - at least that's my argument.

I am allowed to smoke in the Bedroom, whicj is where my computer is anyway. I also have a mancave (Pool House) that is basicly, mY domain. In both places I have a NSA air purifier that also has Charcoal filters in them. They work wonderful, and eliminate the smoke and the Smell. This is the only reason I am allowed :)

Cigardude said:
In both places I have a NSA air purifier that also has Charcoal filters in them. They work wonderful, and eliminate the smoke and the Smell. This is the only reason I am allowed :)
You have a National Security Agency air purifier. You better return that mother...they have unbelievable reaching powers.

Emo

My wife says she does not care if I smoke in our room or not. I choose not to, though. As far as the rest of the house - there is no way. I have too many kids running around :p

I do smoke on occasion while in the car. (without the lil' ones :D )

I can't smoke inside either. For one, I hate the smell of stale smoke so I sit outside or go to a local bar and burn one. Secondly, my Blue and Gold Macaw wouldn't be able to take the smoke if I lit up indoors. I believe the nicotien would kill her. :( Then lastly, the WIFE says NO!!!!!!!

Enough said.....

SKYDIVNEKD :sign:

At this point in time I'm not able to smoke indoors, I've been in situations before where I have been able to but typically opt not to due to the fact that I hate the smell of stale smoke. When I buy my own house I do plan to have a designated smoking room in it... and I've found lots of great advice on these boards to help me know what to include in that room to keep the smell of stale smoke to a minimum.