• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Canadian Taxes

The only time I've been to Canada was to see Niagara Falls once back when I was a kid. I'm looking forward to see more of it once I move up to Drum.

Does this mean you can not participate in a box pass? Afraid of getting hit with taxes?

Does this mean you can not participate in a box pass? Afraid of getting hit with taxes?

That's probably one of the main things preventing me from jumping into the next open pass.

That being said, I've ordered a box from and had a few BOTLs send me some singles from the US before and I received them all with no problems... but that's because they were all shipped... er... creatively :)

Ya i have had a lot of stuff shipped up here without problems. This package was coming from Switzerland and has been the only one I have had any problems with.

It would be terrible to have to eat the taxes on a box during a pass, but I think the risk would be pretty small. I am sure there are other Canadian members that have participated in passes before. I guess one option would be to have one of the other members of the pass broker it for you.

Up until this time last year, I lived 20 minutes from the border and did most of my mailing and "shopping" in Deeeeeeee-Troit. I miss that now, BIG TIME.

One of the issues with a Canadian participating in a pass is the size of the box will normally raise a flag at Customs. Many times on several boards I was the "Border Mule". I was the start and finish the Canadian leg, and got the box both ways across.

Unfortunately, right now in my new job, I am signing authority for materials in and out of Canada and obviously very often deal with Customs and Brokers. I can not take the risk of sending packages "under the radar" and Her Majesty will have nothing to do with it.

I wonder if there's enough Canadian members here to have our own pass??

Jim

EDIT:

Sorry for the threadjack, just thinking "out loud".

Ya i was wondering that before too, I just wanted to wait until I was here longer before I brought it up. A Canadian pass would be cool!

It would be terrible to have to eat the taxes on a box during a pass, but I think the risk would be pretty small.

had that happen to me once... :0 don't think I've actually been in a pass since :(

You can join this one just starting up. It is for Canadians only so you won't have any issues!

Cdn Pass