• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cancun Cigar Shops?

StatHaldol

I’m taking my wife to Cancun next week, it’s her birthday.
There are a few B&M shops there. Any suggestions on which ones to visit or avoid?

If I were you I'd go right to one of those souvenir shops right where the cruise ships pull into port. They have the best prices and cigars you can't even find online, like these ultra limited edition La Gloria Cubana No. 2's I bought from Felipe in the back room.
Tell him John says hello!

IMG_1375.JPG

There is a nice place downtown Cancun, has some good drinks too. It’s called Cigars and Mojitos or something like that.

Edit: Clarity

Last edited:
My wife and I have been to Cancun 4 times in the last 8 years and love it. As John said LCDH is the one place to be sure you’re getting authentic product but theirs also the Duty Free shop at the airport and.......wait for it......Walmart has a small walk in Hummi. I have a hard time believing either would willingly sell fakes. Of course we all know not to buy anything in a glass covered box! With that said; I remove the bands and bring my on every time. I do buy some Edmundo Dontes every time I go, always from LCDH.
We learned the ropes on our first trip. Even if you are staying at an all inclusive you should go down town to visit Market 28 (the only market worth visiting, IMHO) and eat at Laperia at least once. If you are staying in a condo; go to Walmart the day after you check in. Prices are ridiculous! We buy enough for breakfast, most lunches and few dinners and of course plenty of beer, booze and crap for happy hour. Our experience has been that most people staying in codo’s do the same.
We’ve done all of the day trips and enjoyed most. You can’t beat the snorkleing at Contour or Isla Mujera (sp on both?) and the ruins are worth seeing at least once and after being in salt water for a few day visiting a cenotes is like heaven. I hope you enjoy your trip and no matter where you go; savor the local flavors!

My wife and I have been to Cancun 4 times in the last 8 years and love it. As John said LCDH is the one place to be sure you’re getting authentic product but theirs also the Duty Free shop at the airport and.......wait for it......Walmart has a small walk in Hummi. I have a hard time believing either would willingly sell fakes. Of course we all know not to buy anything in a glass covered box! With that said; I remove the bands and bring my on every time. I do buy some Edmundo Dontes every time I go, always from LCDH.
We learned the ropes on our first trip. Even if you are staying at an all inclusive you should go down town to visit Market 28 (the only market worth visiting, IMHO) and eat at Laperia at least once. If you are staying in a condo; go to Walmart the day after you check in. Prices are ridiculous! We buy enough for breakfast, most lunches and few dinners and of course plenty of beer, booze and crap for happy hour. Our experience has been that most people staying in codo’s do the same.
We’ve done all of the day trips and enjoyed most. You can’t beat the snorkleing at Contour or Isla Mujera (sp on both?) and the ruins are worth seeing at least once and after being in salt water for a few day visiting a cenotes is like heaven. I hope you enjoy your trip and no matter where you go; savor the local flavors!

Thanks for all the information! This will be the first time visiting for both of us!

One last comment; don’t bother with the bus! Yes it’s 60 cents to get on but it’s a shit ride and sometime pretty dangerous. Any taxi in front of your resort is ther because they’ve been granted permission to be there. Your concierge can tell you how much you should be paying to your destination and that’s what you’re paying to get back. In the grand scheme of things it’s cheap. Our first trip we took the bus everywhere and then realized between extra time it took and the crowds we endured we were being penny wise and dollar foolish.

Don’t hesitate to PM with questions.