• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CAO 65th Anniversary Cameroon

Pyre

Back with a vengeance
Picked one of these up on Friday and smoked it 2 days later. The cigar is smallish, maybe corona sized with tapered head and foot. It is box pressed and packaged in individual plastic tubos.

I've never had a box-pressed perfecto cigar before, and I found the construction to be flawless. It felt like silk, and the draw was just about right. Cigar had some tooth and a sheen to it that made me feel like I was really smoking something special.

And boy was I right. The cigar started off very strong. The inital quarter inch was pretty powerful smoke. I distinctly remember that at around 1" the smoke smoothed out exceptionally. I stopped and looked at the cigar and went "whoa". Flavors of toasted coffee beans and graham crackers.

I was really loving these flavors, then at about 2 inches, POW, it got very strong again. The cigar kept throwing me curveballs, switching up characteristics every inch or so.

This was an exceptional cigar, in my opinion. Wonderful flavors, only slight harshness at the very beginning, and the size was just about perfect for me. I believe I smoked the whole thing in around 40 minutes (and I was driving, the cigar was always in my mouth or my hand).

Highly recommended. I would give this cigar a 93. I am thinking of making a special trip back to the shop just to pick up more of these. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Nice review!

I'm more curious to try more of the CAO line now that I've had good luck with the Criollo. Haven't had anything with a Cameroon wrapper in a while (as far as I know) and it'd be nice to reacquaint myself.

How much do these puppies go for?

Wilkey

I can't remember exactly what I paid for them. I saw a few online for around $8 per stick. They are well worth that price.

one of my favs as well, i like the coffee, nut flavors in this cigar. and not too hefty a price tag either! thanks for the review.

Pretty Solid stick IMHO, I recommend the CAO Millie if you can find it also. :thumbs:

Just got a CAO 65th in a gold metal square style tube last night. I'm really looking forward to smoking this after reading the review. Thanks Pyre :whistling:

These guys?

CAO-cam-tube.jpg

CAO-yel-tube.jpg

Enquiring minds want to know! :laugh:

You hit this review right on the money. All that flavor, a wonderfully constructed cigar and the price, What more could you ask for. Good job.

Are these things anything like the Cameroons in the L'Anniversaire (sp?) line? Those things are overpriced and never consistent imo. I guess I've just never had any luck with CAO, Perdomo or any cigars made by these people. Thanks for the review though, I may have to give them another chance....thanks for the review.

Jason