• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CAO america

gunsandcigars88

I was searching for a review on one of these, but I didn't find one anywhere. I picked up one at the B&M the other day. Has anyone tried one yet?
B

I'm thinking I will pick one up tomorrow and see what it's like.

D

First one I smoked was a little tight. Flavorful, but tight. I was chatting yesterday with some of the folks at my local B&M and they indicated that the first box was the tight one, but the others that they've smoked (from a different box) were good.

G&C88 - Where'd you pick it up? I haven't seen them anywhere. I've heard good things from the guys that smoked them at RTDA.

G&C88 - Where'd you pick it up? I haven't seen them anywhere. I've heard good things from the guys that smoked them at RTDA.

Cigar Lounge on Virginia st. in McKinney. He had three boxes all different sizes when I was in there last week. they ranged from $6.50-$8.00 depending on size IF I remember correctly. I picked up the one for $6.50. Don't know how they smoke, but they look great.
B

I was searching for a review on one of these, but I didn't find one anywhere. I picked up one at the B&M the other day. Has anyone tried one yet?
B

I've been looking all over for one and would really like to get my hands on it!

PM me if you want one. I will be back at the shop before long, and can probably get a buddy to pick one up before then so that I don't have to worry about them selling out first. I am sure we can work something out.
B

They haven't sold out yet here.
PM me if you are looking to purchase.

Jim

I smoked 2 of these in August at the RTDA and 1 yesterday that I purchased from a local shop.
I found the cigar mild to medium and good non-spicy flavor. The construction was fine in terms of draw and even burn.

I'd buy it again. (FYI, I have only had the robusto)

StinkiMonki

I found the cigar mild to medium and good non-spicy flavor. The construction was fine in terms of draw and even burn.

My experience was very similar. Medium bodied, non spicey and good flavor for the first third. The cigar was just ok for me the rest of the way and even though they have a reasonable price tag i am not really planning on adding them to my personal inventory. Who knows though, with a little humi time they might improve (which is why the other one is laying low for a while).

Tampahumidor.com has them for sale.
Free shipping on singles.
Haven't tried them yet.
I hope this helps.

Tampahumidor.com has them for sale.
Free shipping on singles.
Haven't tried them yet.
I hope this helps.

We had a CAO rep at our monthly herf this month and he brought Americas for everyone. It was a good smoke. Nothing to scream about. I found the flavor a bit flat and uncomplex, but then I smoked an Anejo and Partagas Churchill ISOM around it that night. So it didn't really stand a chance.

I'll smoke one this week and give a full review.

I have tried the robusto size. Enjoyed the flavor profile except for a slight perfumey note on the finish. I have a couple of the torpedoes to try next.

Mark

A local shop in ATL has these. I smoked a "Monument" on Saturday. The burn was decent and draw was ok.

As for flavor, I did not find it to be a bad cigar, but nothing about it stood out. I think I paid less $5 for it.

If I were to express a review in body language, i'd just knida shrug. Would smoke em if I had em, but would not go outta my way to get em. Only reason I would buy another is cause if I buy 4 more I get a hat, and the America hat is a pretty cool looking hat.

For comparison, from CAO, I like the Brazilia, Italia, Anniversario Extreme (I know I may have this name incorrect). I am ok with Golds and Blacks. The Sopranno line was another that just made me sorta shrug. I smoked a Vision some months ago. I liked it the Vision better, but to be fair I woudl need to torch another one for a more recent reference. I do not like the CX2.

Cparker

Tried a two different sizes (Monument and Potomac).

My personal take is they're good medium-bodied smokes... not especially spicy, but consistent all the way through. I like them enough to buy a couple more of the Monument (torpedo). The Potomac (robusto) was ok, and unfortunately kep trying to unravel. I think, however, I have have de-"cap"-itated it (was a little aggressive with the cutter).

All in all, a pretty good smoke, especially for the $ (CAO's are all about the packaging anyway), and if I can find a deal on them..yeah, I'll pick up a box.

Tried one from a local B&M on Monday. Bought it, clipped it, and smoked it in the store while talking with some friends. While not quite "a bowling ball through a straw" tight, it was too tight a draw for me. I rolled and pinched it a bit to get it to open up, but it never did. And after the clerk saw what I was going through, he told me to go get something else. What flavor I got out of it was pretty unremarkable, as I recall. Though I must admit, it's a good looking cigar, with its pinstripes!

Ended up smoking an AVO Signature Belicoso, now that's a great cigar!!

I smoked the Monument last night after lurch seemed to be enjoying his Potomac so much. The draw was good, lots of smoke produced, mild to medium strength but certainly nothing to complex in the flavor department. Construction was solid and consistant throughout with a touch of nasty bitterness in the final 1/4. Not bad for the price though.

Smoked one this weekend in Orlando, the robusto size and I didn't like it. The flavors seemed muted and bland.

I''ve had one. Wasn't impressed especially for the price points. I would rather have a Camacho Corojo, or Padron 5000. They never let me down.