• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CAO Brazilia Campeao 2002 Review

slcraiders

100_0252.jpg

This cigar is part of the CAO Artistry of Champions “Bratalia” set. I accidentally pulled part of the pigtail off of this one getting it out of the cello. The pre-light draw was somewhat tight and I noticed nothing particular flavor wise other than tobaccy. I decided to have some pure leaf iced-tea with this cigar since it compliments most cigars well on a hot and dry day.

100_0253.jpg

The first third of this cigar was awesome. It was very complex with strong hints of wood. The draw ended up not being a problem, with the burn being even and the ash somewhat loose. I would classify this portion of the cigar as medium in both flavor and body.

000_0001.jpg

Moving into the second third, the stick started to loose it’s flavor instantly as soon as the burn hit the natural wrapper. The burn also became more uneven at this point.

000_0003.jpg

Half-way through the cigar was both bland and harsh at the same time. I could detect a dirty/grassy taste which I believe was from the diamond shaped patch of Candela wrapper. Then again, maybe not?

000_0010.jpg

Can you tell by my almost cross-eyed look that I am perplexed with and growing tired of this cigar?

000_0012.jpg

Here, back to the maduro wrapper and 2/3 of the way through, I put it down to rest. I was disappointed that the flavor profile did not change back to what I experienced at the beginning of the cigar. I will safely say that this cigar is much prettier than it actually smokes.

"Better as eye candy" was my conclusion as well.

I have to concur about this one as well.
Great review and pics though, and thank you for sharing it with us.

Given the experienced conclusion, I will leave them as "eye candy." With the exception of HTF Fuente's, I find most uniquely shaped cigars to be just that a novelty such a shame. :(

Thanks for a nice review and the pics are appreciated. They always make a review experience much better. :thumbs: