• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CAO Brazilia

Marcos

I love you Rocky & Sammie and Bee...thank you
Last night I decided to light up the Pirhana. It has been in the humi for about 3 weeks and I felt like it was go time. This was my first CAO. I have read alot of good reviews regarding the Brazilia line so I bought one. They were out of the Gols so I picked up this badboy instead.

Initial Impression:
Solid Construction. Nice dark wrapper with a somewhat sweet smell. The pinch test was firm with resistance and no spongy feel. I cut the cap with a Davidoff Zino checked the pre-light draw which required a little more effort than I would have liked. I toasted the foot with my torch and then lit it up. After allowing it to rest a minute I took a few puffs.
117_1773.jpg

The first Half:
After the first quarter inch or so, some sweet and creamy flavors began to develop. Nothing excessive, just nice and balanced. There was a moderate amount of smoke but not a smokestack like the Principe I recently reviewed.
Untitled-1copy.jpg

The Band Comes Off:
After about half way I had to remove the band. By this point the flavor intensified some and I noticed a strong aftertaste begin to set in. It wasn't bad but I really wasn't into it. Some spice was detected and what I thought was bitter coffee flavour.
Untitled-2.jpg

Finishing Up:
The stick began to heat up more and that changed the flavor profile some. There was still bitter coffee notes but the creamy flavours disappeared. I huffed on and was still having fun. I poured another Sam Adams Octoberfest and the cold beer kept my palate in check.
Untitled-3.jpg

Overall Impression:
I thought this smoke was O.K.. I won't give a final judgement until I can try it in another vitola. I don't think this size will be where the Brazilia shines but we will see. I think that cigars in smaller sizes demand more in terms of blend and quality because the flavor is more intense. I smoked a PAN Principe recently that was small like this but held up much better. What I did like about this smoke was that there were no raw flavors which usually turn me off.

This Pirhana was no Shark...
117_1794.jpg

...but do you think I can win the ash stand contest Wilkey? :D

Great pictures! Thanks for the review!

Nice review and great pics! As for the Brazilia, not a smoke that I really like (in fact, I'm just not a fan of CAO in general).

Excellent review! I just finished smoking this same cigar 5 min ago. Not particularly my smoke, but ok for a quickie.

I didn't like the 2 Gols I've had, but the Samba size really changed my opinion of the Brazilla line.

Try one, they are really nice cigars in the larger vitolas.

Nice review! I haven't had the opportunity to smoke one yet.

I didn't like the 2 Gols I've had, but the Samba size really changed my opinion of the Brazilla line.

Try one, they are really nice cigars in the larger vitolas.
I didn't care for the Gol! either but I really like the Anaconda.

Very well done review. I'm not a big fan of the Pirhana (or the Gol for that matter), give the Ipanema a try. IMHO it's the best in the entire line and the only one I'll buy now. Plus these age very well. I have a box that is 4 years old and the tastes is amazing!

Nice pictures. I love the Pirahna. I tend to smoke the smaller sizes, and this one is a go to stick for me.

i enjoyed the one i had a few yrs ago but it was still nothing to make me go back to the brand.

Great pics & Nice review of a decent cigar. Noticed many people saying they liked one size and didn't like another size, while I know there are diffeent flavor profiles & concentratons amongst the sizes I rarely find there to be such an extreme difference to make me like on and dislike the other ;)

Great pics & Nice review of a decent cigar. Noticed many people saying they liked one size and didn't like another size, while I know there are diffeent flavor profiles & concentratons amongst the sizes I rarely find there to be such an extreme difference to make me like on and dislike the other ;)
In general I agree with you. I have heard so many good things about this line that I am willing to give it another go. I will probably even smoke another Pirhana as a comparison. I don't think that a different vitola will be night and day different, but maybe a few noticeable subtleties will make me a believer. Thanks for all of the positive feedback on the thread so far.

Great Review! Loved the Pics.

I smoked the Amazon on the golf course the other day and was rather pleased with the flavour of this particular line from CAO. The ring size (60 but heck on the golf course it makes you look macho)was larger than I am used to but the draw was good and the taste was nutty and very pleasant. Would still like to see how the GOL and others compare. I guess I'd say I will have try another.