• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CAO Criollo

Gipper76

I'm not sure if this belongs here or in the Cigar Lounge so please move if you find it inappropriate.

My mother went to Galena this past weekend and picked up a couple CAO's for me. All I've smoked but the CAO Criollo. My question is, is it normal for the wrapper on this cigar to have spotted black dots over it or what? It was damn tasty, but I'm wondering if it was a bad cigar due to that or if that's normal of the wrapper. Having this been my first, I'm not exactly sure.

Jason

I'm not sure if this belongs here or in the Cigar Lounge so please move if you find it inappropriate.

My mother went to Galena this past weekend and picked up a couple CAO's for me. All I've smoked but the CAO Criollo. My question is, is it normal for the wrapper on this cigar to have spotted black dots over it or what? It was damn tasty, but I'm wondering if it was a bad cigar due to that or if that's normal of the wrapper. Having this been my first, I'm not exactly sure.

Jason

J-

I'm not sure what you mean by "little black dots" but I smoked a Toro sized Criollo last night (VERY VERY GOOD)...and the wrapper was flawless..no black dots to speak of. Its possible that the wrapper was damaged, but if they were smalll black dots...possible it had beetles or COULD have had beetles down the road.

....could be natural color imperfections in the wrapper, but it could also be mold. Hard to tell without seeing the spots in question.

Regards - B.B.S.

Jason

J-

I'm not sure what you mean by "little black dots" but I smoked a Toro sized Criollo last night (VERY VERY GOOD)...and the wrapper was flawless..no black dots to speak of. Its possible that the wrapper was damaged, but if they were smalll black dots...possible it had beetles or COULD have had beetles down the road.

I don't think it was damage, because the wrapper itself was perfect. It smokes fine tasted damn good. Maybe I just got a bad cigar.

I don't think it was damage, because the wrapper itself was perfect. It smokes fine tasted damn good. Maybe I just got a bad cigar.

Now, if it smoked fine, and tasted damn good, how was it a bad cigar? J/K I know what you are saying bro. Thanks to this thread, I will be digging into the cooler to find the 1 or 2 criollos I have left to check them for damage, yeah thats it, check them for damage..... :whistling:

Tim

I smoked one of these the other day, and it was great. No problems with it.

No spots either, some minor oily splotches, but nothing dark.

I have not had any with dark spots on them before. Where I do like them now, I would let them sit for quite awhile before smoking them IMHO. I bought a box three years ago, and they are just now to the point that I like them.

YMMV

The criollo is my go to cigar. I smoke a pato or pampa on the drive to work everyday.

I bought a box of Pato's when they first released these in 2002. I've only smoked a few from the box. I bought them because I thought the box was cool with the little individual slide out drawers. I recall my take on them at that time was nothing special. Maybe I should revisit one tonight.

I bought a box of Pato's when they first released these in 2002. I've only smoked a few from the box. I bought them because I thought the box was cool with the little individual slide out drawers. I recall my take on them at that time was nothing special. Maybe I should revisit one tonight.

Please do man!! report back to us :).

J- I have had ONE. thats why I was asking if they were popular..b/c I dont see anyone talking about them (until you started this thread) and I recently had one. I thought it was very good! I must agree, pretty cool box too. :thumbs: