• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CAO cx2

Roy R. Frush

Karaté?
I decided to fire up this cigar today, which was part of the goodie bag from the Quad-State Herf.

The construction looked excellent. Bunching and draw were nice and firm. Sadly, I just couldn't get into this cigar. Smoke production was somewhat low. The burn line insisted on wandering off regularly and required many touchups. The flavors just seemed schizophrenic and unharmonious to me. The cigar would go from woody, to hints of sweet coffee, to bits of spice, and then scramble it all up again! I just never felt like this cigar was going to settle into something I could enjoy. I struggled to smoke it to a bit past the halfway mark and then gave up on it.

Nevertheless, I want to thank the sponsor who supplied the herf with these cigars. I suppose a more thrill-seeking type might appreciate the rollercoaster ride this medium-bodied cigar offers.

Elliot,

Sorry to hear that the CX2 was not to your liking. I've had cigar experiences much like yours. Perhaps this is one cigar that would benefit from extended time down to allow the flavors to meld?

I have not had the CX2 yet but the MX2 was not to my liking.

Wilkey

I had one of these a couple of weeks ago.
I didn't take any tasting notes but I recall it burning evenly and (to me) being an enjoyable smoke compared to an MX2, which I didn't care for at all.
My .02 cents.

I still have the one I got from the CAO contest in the humi. Haven't smoked it yet, but I am looking forward to smoking it. I will try to post what I think here. Sorry you did not have a good experience though.

Brandon

That's too bad. Someone that is pretty good at finding new smokes for me to enjoy is a big fan of these. I have one sitting in the humi, though I have not smoked it yet. Maybe I'll get to it tonight. Though I do have a date with a King B and a cigar malt.

I actually really enjoyed this stick. If you have one from the CAO contest I do recommend letting it rest for quite awhile before smoking it. I didn't wait quite long enough and it blew up at about 2" to go on my robusto. I have another waiting, so hopefully it won't.