• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CAO L'Anniversaire

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
Just smoked a CAO. It was a box pressed maduro. Started out with hints of spice and nutmeg. As it burned it became lighter. Towards the end I tasted hints of Cocoa. Overall, a good cigar. Also, a strong cigar.  :love:

Unfortunately it was a bit plugged, but aside from that, it was great.

Agree with you Rod. That is one of my WI Gotos
Also great with a good strong cup of Jo

It would have been even better if it wasn't plugged. :p

That's another for the "try" list!

Nice review, Commander!!!

Lee, I put one in your pass, but I am afraid it was a take on the last stop. If I secure another, it is on it's way my friend.

I had one in the torpedo shape. Very good cigar. Pretty good burn too. I'll have to remember to let it sit in the dry box for 8-12 hours next time. Probably help the plugging. I am going to have to try the Cameroon next.

Emo

This is one of my favorites. I think the older CAO Anni's made in Costa Rica were a lot better than the current version made by Perdomo. When they made the transition a number of outlets were selling closeout unbanded bundles. Nice to be at the right place at the right time! The Cameroon version is fine but the maduro is my pick.
Peter

Peter...If you have any more in the Cameroon wrapper I would like to find a trade with you if you are interested. Email me
Emo

All of the CAO's that I've tried were well made and above average taste wise. It seems like I always buy a few of these everytime I stick my foot inside a cigar store's walk in humidor. :love:

Sam :)

I absolutely love these! I lean towards the camaroon wrap, but the maduro is also great. I had the pleasure of smoking one of the Costa Rican maduro's (robusto) a week ago after the Lakers won the west! Awsome smoke! Alot better than the Perdomo version. I was wondering if it might have been the age! Everyone I speak with says it's not, that the CR version was just better. I will still smoke Perdomos CAO, one of the go to sticks in my humidor! You just can't go wrong with this brand IMHO. :thumbs:

Mmmmmm, these are tasty ceeegars... I have a bunch of 'em, mixed between the Cameroon and the Maduro's. Nice. Shmooove smoke.

I think I put one or two in my pass, they're nice.

If you like the more powerful smokes, try the CAO eXtremes. It's a little overwhelming to me, but it was good.

-Tony

:thumbs: Very fine cigar...love the CAO's...had a couple of the maddies myself this week...gret cigar...I would have to say the Extremes are my fav...hands down...but the maddy is tasty also...had a Cameroon yestereday...not real impressed...good review Rod :D

The CAO anniversaries are good, though I have only had a few - all camerons. Any takes on how the maduro's are? I like the Brazilla's so am thinking the maduro's should be pretty good as well.

As I begin stocking my humi that is one of the first cigars I am going with for "bulk" along with Onyx reserve.

Sam

My wife has taken a likin' to the Camaroon Belicosos. The smoek and aroma are very nice. I like them as well however, the extreme churchill is a very good smoke.

Just my .02 cents worth! :thumbs:

SKYDIVNEKD :sign:

yes try that maduro version Sam. I like the CAO Anny with the cameroon but that maduro is damm good. Not as strong as the Onyx Res. Imho

This is my favorite smoke so far - a little pricey, but IMHO worth every penny. I have had the Cameroon and the Maduro's and recently put an eXtreme into my humi. Anyone have the eXtreme? If so, what is your opinion of it?

emodx said:
I'll have to remember to let it sit in the dry box for 8-12 hours next time.
We went out for dinner & cigars last night (anniversary celebration with my 'rents) and I chose a C.A.O. L'Anniversaire Maduro Churchill. I chose this cigar over my preferred PAM due to the fact that they had about 200% or more markup going on all their cigars. I paid over $20 for the C.A.O.! I will bring my own next time...

This cigar was clearly plugged or wrapped too tightly. I felt like a human vacuum! I mean, I pulled hard, soft, there was no way to get a nice ash stoking at the end. I re-cut it, re-lit it, I let it sit, it was just too wet. I felt for a plug, but couldn't locate it. I will have to let this one sit next time, if there is a next time.

It's hard to say much about the flavor due to the fact that it was scorching hot the whole time. Once I got the smoke going, I had made the thing a Churchill flaming furnace. I am sure that the taste would have been full and rewarding, but without a solid build structure, C.A.O. is not going to have anyone enjoy their flavorful 'gars.

I would not smoke one of these again unless it was gifted to me.

Over $20 ? :0 Where in the world were you? I spend quite a bit of time in the Dallas area and sure want to make sure I avoid this place. I guess I would understand that price if you were at an upscale cigar bar but even then you should have been able to get another cigar if the one you had was unsmokable...... no?

Wow, that was a lot of money.....sorry for your experience!

The C.A.O. Anni is a cigar that I really want to like. It smells good, looks even better (especially the eXtreme) and everybody raves about it. But I've tried 4 or 5 and have yet to find one that burns well and will stay together. I've tried all the different wrappers and a few different sizes and just haven't been able to connect with any of them. Maybe I've just been unlucky but for me they either fall apart, won't draw or burn sideways. I haven't given up yet, but I'm getting to that point. :(