• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CAO L'Anniversaire

Allofus123 said:
Over $20 ? :0 Where in the world were you?

you should have been able to get another cigar if the one you had was unsmokable
123, I was at Javier's. It's Mexican food and the parking lot is littered with BMWs, Porsches, etc. and to be perfectly honest, I felt out of place. My parents wanted to do something nice for us. I prefer hole-in-the-wall Mexican (usually better) to dressed-up, ritzy Mexican. Javier's is downtown off Mockingbird. For good Mexican in Dallas, well, it's fairly tough to find. Tex-Mex seems to rule here.

The PAM Monarch (right name?) was $40!

I should have just asked for a new one. They weren't too polite, really.

FatherTiresius said:
...I've tried 4 or 5 and have yet to find one that burns well and will stay together.

...for me they either fall apart, won't draw or burn sideways.
Another excellent point by FatherT. The one I smoked last night had all kinds of problems with consistent ash structure. I actually had about an inch of "hanging-on" tobacco. The top would burn, but the bottom fifth looked charred and unsmoked. When I put this cigar out (too early, to be sure, I was frustrated) it crumpled like Bible paper (rice paper) and fell apart like a house of cards.

Maybe we should send C.A.O. a link to this thread? :D

Well, too many people like 'em for me to believe they're just crappy cigars. On the other hand, I'm batting 0 for 4, so that doesn't say a lot for their consistency. I really don't have much of an idea of what they taste like...I don't think I've smoked more than half of any of the ones I've tried. Also, I'm just not a huge fan of Nics. I like Padrons, but not many other Nics twist my twinkie. But I want to give the C.A.O. Annies a chance since they consistently get good reviews from the mags as well as forums such as CP. I have a couple more in the cooler so I think I'll let them rest a while and see if I have better luck. If not, I'm done with them.

Howdy boys, thanks for all your input. I've been thinking about trying one of CAO's, love strong cigars, but have not taken the dive. You are helping me with my decision.

One of my current favorites is the Camacho Corojo Diploma...a meaty little robusto with LOTS of flavor. I have yet to have a bad one. If you love something strong...nice oily wrapper, give it a try.

I have purchased a few CAOs and also had one in the CRCRC #1 (the latter was the Brazillia) and I got one in a gift from another CPer. I loved them all, have not had a hard time with any of them. I would not hessitate to smoke another. Sorry you had a hard time with that one McP.

As for Mexican Food.....Mario's Chaquita at Parker and 75, north side of Parker across form the Target store. Great Authintic Mexican but I am not sure if they are cigar friendly or not. I go there sometimes, will let you know when I find out.

I'm kinda inbetween on the CAO's. The very first one I tried was incredible. After that, terrible burn, and horribly inconsistent. I really like the taste that they bring, but it's been very hard to find reliable smokes from them around here. They either fall apart, like almost everyone else has said, or are just plain unsmokeable.

:(

dothese cigars feally have that many problems? i have been pondering a box myself. i have smoked 1 maduro torp and it was great, did i get lucky???