• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CAO Maduro Anniversario

robbiex0r

scum
This Nicaraguan cigar is touted by CAO as being medium-full bodied. With that I cannot argue. The thick, nearly black wrapper was perfectly wound around an excellent bunch of tobacco. Unlike many maduros, this was almost completely void of definitive veins.

Having an afternoon to myself, I stepped out into the cooling Wisconsin air (mid 50s and rainy) and decided to try a cigar that was generously gifted to me by a brother here, whose cigars, I'm convinced, outnumber mine in my own humidor.

I say the wrapper was thick... because it was! My punch went in, came out.. and the cap stuck. I pushed and twisted but to no avail. I wondered if I was making any progress at all. A little picking did the trick and the pre-light draw tasted exquisite.
I put it to flame and was very impressed with the ease of lighting, so much so that I feared it would burn to fast. But my concerns were invalidated as the cigar got going. I popped open my latest issue of BIKE magazine and drifted off to the hills of British Columbia, the swirling switchbacks of Whistler, and the jaw dropping beauty of Moab.

This cigar burned evenly, possibly the most of any I've smoked. Draw was consistent, and only changed towards the end when I enlarged the punch a bit, to speed things up. The ash didn't hold on to a comical point, but it was solid. This was probably due to me picking it up and setting it down often while turning pages, taking a sip of water...etc.

I thought I detected some coffee flavors and maybe chocolate, but wasn't able to pinpoint. A little hotness/spiciness would occur if I puffed too quickly, but nothing outrageous, and the strength was certainly manageable.

As a bonus, the mail-lady came by, leaving me a package... smoke one, gain five (thanks phil)
Things I learned:
Colder weather sucks
I should have rode more this summer
CAO knows what they're doing
Using a Zippo won't ruin the flavor of your cigar
I have a cute new neighbor upstairs
Many people here are too good to me.

Thanks, and let me know what you think if you've smoked one of these.

This Nicaraguan cigar is touted by CAO as being medium-full bodied. With that I cannot argue. The thick, nearly black wrapper was perfectly wound around an excellent bunch of tobacco. Unlike many maduros, this was almost completely void of definitive veins.

Having an afternoon to myself, I stepped out into the cooling Wisconsin air (mid 50s and rainy) and decided to try a cigar that was generously gifted to me by a brother here, whose cigars, I'm convinced, outnumber mine in my own humidor.

I say the wrapper was thick... because it was! My punch went in, came out.. and the cap stuck. I pushed and twisted but to no avail. I wondered if I was making any progress at all. A little picking did the trick and the pre-light draw tasted exquisite.
I put it to flame and was very impressed with the ease of lighting, so much so that I feared it would burn to fast. But my concerns were invalidated as the cigar got going. I popped open my latest issue of BIKE magazine and drifted off to the hills of British Columbia, the swirling switchbacks of Whistler, and the jaw dropping beauty of Moab.

This cigar burned evenly, possibly the most of any I've smoked. Draw was consistent, and only changed towards the end when I enlarged the punch a bit, to speed things up. The ash didn't hold on to a comical point, but it was solid. This was probably due to me picking it up and setting it down often while turning pages, taking a sip of water...etc.

I thought I detected some coffee flavors and maybe chocolate, but wasn't able to pinpoint. A little hotness/spiciness would occur if I puffed too quickly, but nothing outrageous, and the strength was certainly manageable.

As a bonus, the mail-lady came by, leaving me a package... smoke one, gain five (thanks phil)
Things I learned:
Colder weather sucks
I should have rode more this summer
CAO knows what they're doing
Using a Zippo won't ruin the flavor of your cigar
I have a cute new neighbor upstairs
Many people here are too good to me.

Thanks, and let me know what you think if you've smoked one of these.

Excellent review Robbie! I have yet to be disappointed by a CAO cigar.

Although some may disagree, CAO makes some fine smokes. While the flavor profiles may not suit everyone's palate, I've never had a CAO that was plugged, poorly rolled or otherwise shoddy in construction. CAO cigars always have space in my humidor.