• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CAO MX2..not sure of the size

Lumberg

Opus Lover
Reaction score
So MX2 means maduro times two, because not only is the wrapper a maduro but the binder is, two (get it? c'mon laugh sucker.).

This was a good looking cigar. one big vein along the side but only niticeable when I poked it.

I'm a puncher, not a cutter, and I always check the draw before lighting. One punch and the draw was way too tight. I punched another overlapping hoel and still nothing. I I went and got my trusty cigar poker (straightened out paperclip) and carefilly inserted it a good 4 inches up in there. I had to be really careful to not have it come out the side like it has before, and while feeling along the wrapper is when I found that big vein. Usually I habe to be careful when I poke a cigar because it results in a tunnel of pure smoke coming in that isn't too filtered but the other tobacco and it makes it too strong. But no worries here, still barely managed to get a satisfactory draw.

SO I lit it up and the taste and aroma were strong, acrid, intense, can't quite put my finger on it. This is a badass cigar. Like a cigar a big tough, hairy dude with worn leathers on a Harley would smoke, just to prove he was tough. Not because it was a good cigar. I smoked it anyway because it's not like it was so horrible it should have been thrown away, but it's definitely not what I look for in a cigar.

The whole experience was a dark one...dingy, sorta depressing. The main flavor note to me was mint, and this dark badassedness that I can't put my finger on.

About 3/4 of the way through I think I finally got used to it and started enjoying it a little more, probably also because I had a nicotine buzz going and my mind finally learned that the nicotine was coming from this cigar. But I wans't sad when I reached my destination and had to chuck it with about 2 1/2 inches left.

I received this as a gift from mrjingles. The only other person I know who has had these is Wascal, for whom I bought a box when they first came out.

Don't know if the tight draw was a construction issue or a storage issue (perhaps it was new from a store with a really wet humidor--mrjingles knows for sure) but for construction I'll give it a 2/5 (just because the appearance was really nice and it never unraveled, canoed, or anything). Taste 1/5 and overall 1/5.

Nope, not new. It's been in the humidor at ~64-65% for a month or so. ??? I have had a few spikes to above 70% but it shouldn't have been wet. Sorry it disappointed. I've had 1 or 2 and they weren't my cup of tea either. Thought maybe someone else might enjoy it - I guess you have to try things to know right?

Sounds like a toro size. Good smoke... but I've also had tight draw problems. A bit disappointing, unfortunately.

i had a toro a few weeks ago, while watching a movie and sipping some port.

unfortunatly i hated this cigar, draw was good, cigar looked good, pre-light aroma was great, the smoke though tasted like a cigarette, no character that i could pick up.

i smoked about half of it then switched to a padron.

I really hate to say it. But within the last few months..The MX2 has been the worst cigar I have smoked...A friend and myself picked one up and did not even bother to finish them...And I am a huge Maduro fan and a CAO fan on top of it.

I've smoked a few of these. I have tried very hard to like them, but to no avail. I have had experiences from ones similar to the review above to situations where the cigar just couldn't make up its mind as to what it wanted to be. Most have not burned well and most have had a tight draw. :( Surprising since I believe this is rolled by Torano. Oh well, I still love the Brazilias and Italias. :love:

mrjinglesusa said:
Nope, not new. It's been in the humidor at ~64-65% for a month or so. ??? I have had a few spikes to above 70% but it shouldn't have been wet. Sorry it disappointed. I've had 1 or 2 and they weren't my cup of tea either. Thought maybe someone else might enjoy it - I guess you have to try things to know right?
[snapback]178847[/snapback]​

Ok so we can lay the blame squarely at the feet of CAO. Which is fine with me, cos I never liked 'em anyway! No hard feelings on my part, and I hope none on yours either...we're here to tell the truth, and I feel like we know each other well enough to not glad-hand each other.

I think the whole experience was a positive, because now we have corroboration that the MX2 is indeed not a very good cigar at all, and if we saved one BOTL from buying one, we did our job.

evilphish good point, it was very flat and cigarrette-like, except I think even some cigarretes have more flavor than this bad boy!

I'm glad I posted this review....it always feels good when other people agree with you! :love:

Lumberg said:
I'm glad I posted this review....it always feels good when other people agree with you! :love:
[snapback]179071[/snapback]​

Yeah, that is always good. Unlike posting that you like Pinar 3000s and having everyone else say they are horrible. :p Absolutely no problem you not liking it. I just feel bad I gave you bad cigar!

I am in agreement with ya Lumberg. I had only MX2; last summer. But it didn't do anything for me. Kinda harsh, no depth. Anyway, nice review, it's good to not always just hear about the best cigars!

patrick

I like the MX2. Might be the fact that I was a cig smoker and miss the uninteresting smoke from the processed tobac. I'm not saying this is an everyday smoke but no and then I will light one up.

I had an MX2 robusto recently. I thought it was pretty good but could use some aging. I have a couple more that are gonna sleep deep for a while.

I dunno. I havent smoked a Mx2 in over a year but I bought a box of Robusto's last year, and I didnt have any draw or burn problems with them. The initial release I had some of those problems with singles, but I have had good luck with them and like the flavor, I guess I need to try another one soon, see if my opinion has changed out all, as tastes change, recently had another VSG and it tasted totally different than the last one I had a couple months ago and didnt seem very strong :blush: :blush: :blush: