• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CAO price fixing?

NEXT

I've been surfing on the internet lately and on a few other boards I have seen where CAO a guy from mdcigars posted this

[/QUOTE]CAO Cigars
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is the real deal

CAO cigars has flat out told me that I had to price my CAO cigars HIGHER than JR cigars. (Their words, not mine) If thats the real reason, I dont know. But this is what they told me. If you want the Rep's name I will be happy to give it to you. just PM me.

This is price fixing and its not right. And its not legal.

Its one thing to put limits on a price which many companys do. But its not legal for any company to say one company can sell at 15% cheaper than you can.
thats why we will never sell another CAO Cigar at my shop.
Is this true, as a noobie this really bothers me :0

I don't quite understand. All shops other than JR have to sell CAO for more than JR sells 'em for?

I would assume that Lew has soem sort of agreement with CAO.

I do know that certain brands do not allow their resellers to offer discounts on their items or have sales or coupons on the items. I think it;s so the brand is associated with prestige and not something that needs to be put on sale to be sold. It's a perfectly valid marketing strategy.

However to say that you must sell the same product that someone else sells, but for more than that person sells it for, doesn't make sense.

First of all I would like a link to this statement, and if this is true I would like to see a lawyers' take on this.

:thumbs: Hi Next,
Not sure what you mean when you talk about not being alowed to say anything else here. Heck, these folks even put up with my spelling :p But seriously. To begin with a little hello goes a long way here. 2nd. I have bought from others at lower prices. And last, if and when things like this happen there may be better ways to bring it up. Anyway , welcome to CP .

I did a hello about a 2 weeks ago. Don't want to step on toes just thought I would get your guys opinion if I did something wrong please forgive me

You boys need to give Atlantic a call! I pay about $89.00 for my Maduro Anni Bells! That’s about {average} $45 cheaper than everyone else! ;)

I don't think you did anything wrong, fortunately this site is not sponsored by any one tobacco company so we can say what we want!

Anectodal evidence points in the contrary to your scenario. If you really want to pursue this you;re going to have to do a lot more digging.