• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CAO Soprano Boss question....

IanHummel

I went to a CAO sponsored event about a month and a half to two months ago and received a Boss, Associate, and Soldier. I still have the Associate and the Boss in my humi. My humi is sitting at a constant 62-65% RH. One thing I noticed however is the Boss that I still have in there remains very hard. Is this cigar naturally hard? It was this way when I got it and it never really softened up with the rest of my smokes. Just kind of made me curious.

Thanks!

I just checked the Boss that I bought in March 06, and it's still pretty firm. It's been in 65-68% range all this time.

I remember the Soldier being hard too. It smoked fine. I believe most of the CAO's I've smoked have had a hard feel to them including one of my favorite daily smokes the Brazilia Piranha.

I just checked one in my humi that's been there at least a year. It was fine. My cooler stays at a constant 64% RH

I have limited cigar knowledge but IMHO this usually means that the cigar has dried out a bit. Tabacco is not hard IMO. Does it smell harsh?

Ian,

I really want to say that many of CAO's offerings are hard to the touch. I just got a box of CAO MX2 Robustos and they were all fairly hard. That being said, (knock on wood) i've never had any plugged CAO's. My guess is that this is a common characterisitic of CAO's cigars...explination/logic beyond that, I can't help you with. Hope this helps even a little!

-Aaron

The cigar is fine as is. It's "firm" not "hard" which is the sign of a pretty good cigar most of the time.

Unfortunately, while these are well constructed cigars I think they taste like crap and would never buy these.

The cigar is fine as is. It's "firm" not "hard" which is the sign of a pretty good cigar most of the time.

Unfortunately, while these are well constructed cigars I think they taste like crap and would never buy these.

Good... more for me!