• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CAO Vision

bilder

I remember reading about these last fall, but have not heard anything since.

Anyone know when they are coming out? Or did it flop before it even hit the street?

I cannot belive I did not now about this where have I been? ??? Are you guys all CAO fans?

CAO Vision Countdown clock! Whatever! I'll give one a try though, not a huge fan of the CAO line in general, but theres some I like

Soprano
Black
Brazilia

I cannot belive I did not now about this where have I been? ??? Are you guys all CAO fans?

I like most of the CAO smokes I have tried. The Brazilia is my favorite of them so far. The amount of Dominican in the Vision makes it look appealing....as long as they don't cost too much.

I didn't view the Countdown Clock, but a letter from CAO to one of my local B&Ms seemed to indicate that they will be out mid-February. Due to the elaborate box design, the cost of which will go directly into the price of the cigars, I suspect some sizes may eclipse ten bucks (I thought I saw up to 13 somewhere but can't recall where so don't quote me). The one I was gifted from the RTDA I smoked around August. It was average at best and not very memorable, IMHO. I will try another one as I usually won't judge a cigar by just one experience. Who know, I may enjoy it the second time around.

The box does look nice. They are masters of marketing with the use of the black light to give it the neon glow.

I am sure all the tricked out rides will be sporting a neon cigar box on the dash come summer. :)

I had an opportunity to pick one of these up for $6.50, the boss threw the sample in the Misc. bin, somebody else snatched it first. :(

Anyways, I am a lukewarm CAO fan at best, I like the Maduros alot and I've been meaning to try the Brazillia, but I'm generally underwhelmed by the line.

Just read an article I found and the box is actually a fully functional travel humidor complete with digital hydrometer and LED lights inside so you can see the contents in the dark. There is a chamber in the bottom of the humidor to hold a humidipack. The LED light system runs on 6 AA batteries. A neoprene carry bag to protect the humidor from scratches is included.

Looks like prices will range from $240 to $320 for a box (humidor) of 20. All will use the same size box, spacers will be included for the smaller sized sticks.

Wow... I hate to say it, because I'm usually a big CAO fan, but this just looks...well... dumb. ???

I think CAO has finally "jumped the shark" when it comes to their cigars. They seem to have a need to put out a new cigar or two every year instead of just concentrating on making sure what they currently have out on the market is the best.

I had a chance to smoke a Vision a little while ago and I was not impressed at all. The cigar itself looked like a cheap bundled cigar with a veiny wrapper and sloppy cap. The tobacco tasted like it had no age at all, very grassy. I smoked it to the nub to give it a chance but the taste went from bad to worst as I smoked. It reminded me of some of the Don Nobodies I smoked during the cigar boom, not a good sign.

I will be staying away from the Vision and will continue to enjoy the Brazilias and Italias which are my favorite CAO cigars.

They started shipping a limited number of boxes last week to some of the shops.

Bill, do me a favor and try another please.