• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Caoba Cigars?

Pipe Smoker

A friend just came back from the DR and brought me a 5 cigar sampler of Caoba Cigars. Anyone know anything about them? I never heard of them. Google only turned up a couple of reviews from puff.com.

Hey Dave is it this one,

http://www.mikescigars.com/brands/la-caoba-extra

No, I'm pretty sure that's not them. These have a much simpler band. Also, she picked them up on a factory tour in Dominican Republic and it looks like those are Nicaraguan. I'll try to remember to take some pictures when I get home tonight.

I stopped in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic on a cruise ship about two years ago. There was a small "Cigar Factory" in the middle of the town square called Caoba Cigars. It was mostly a store front with one guy hand rolling cigars. We were told that it is all locally (meaning Dominican) grown and aged filler and wraper. There was a short tour of the shop (Cigar factory) They had a room in the back called the aging room. There was a few thousand cigars on shelves in there. They were the Caoba Brand. They came in three aged levels, I believe Silver - aged one year, Gold - Aged two years, and Platino - aged at least three years. I tried one of the Platino. I found them to be very plesent and bought four boxes of 24. I didn't know how much they were going to cost me because everything was priced in local currency. I was pleasently suprised to find out that they were $75 US a box (Such a deal $3 a stick) so I bought 2 more boxes. I'm now down to may last four Caoba Cigars and can't find them anywhere. I guess I will have to go back to Santo Domingo to get more.

That sounds exactly like what I have. Of the five, one is definately marked Gold and one is marked Platiino. I can't remember if the other three say anything, but the bands are silver. From the way she described the place to me it sounded a bit like a tourist trap. I'm glad to hear they're a decent smoke. Thinking it might be about time to go ahead and smoke one of these already.

Did the sampler look like this?

fd2d49af16af785a8401525bb0f85b4c.jpg

I stopped in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic on a cruise ship about two years ago. There was a small "Cigar Factory" in the middle of the town square called Caoba Cigars. It was mostly a store front with one guy hand rolling cigars. We were told that it is all locally (meaning Dominican) grown and aged filler and wraper. There was a short tour of the shop (Cigar factory) They had a room in the back called the aging room. There was a few thousand cigars on shelves in there. They were the Caoba Brand. They came in three aged levels, I believe Silver - aged one year, Gold - Aged two years, and Platino - aged at least three years. I tried one of the Platino. I found them to be very plesent and bought four boxes of 24. I didn't know how much they were going to cost me because everything was priced in local currency. I was pleasently suprised to find out that they were $75 US a box (Such a deal $3 a stick) so I bought 2 more boxes. I'm now down to may last four Caoba Cigars and can't find them anywhere. I guess I will have to go back to Santo Domingo to get more.

Hello, I am dominican, for me these are one of the best Uknow cigars, they one name QUISQUEYANO, 100% dominican, tomorrow for will call them and let you know if they can send to you via courrier