• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Car Chase/Crash

Good read! Thanks for the story and can't wait to see the video. Almost amazing that no one was injured. Good to hear you are safe and sound.

Sounds like a crazy chase. Can't wait for the video, and glad everyone is ok.

Being a cop is too much fun...You get a gun and a fast car. :thumbs: I've been in chases many times in my career. I usually get the shakes when they are over.

Glad you made it out OK...Looking forward to the video.

I dunno about the fast car part. Cruisers aren't exactly fast.

We just had a bad guy ram a cruiser from behind on the freeway during a chase on my side of the city. He flipped the cruiser and kept on going. Then he tried to do the same thing to a Tahoe and ended up in the barrier. Flipped cop got some leg injuries but was released from the hospital that night. Sure boogered up traffic for my drive home, though. Only good thing for me was it was headed into downtown while I was headed out. Added about 15 minutes to my drive, but the poor bastards on the other side ended up being delayed over 2 hours.

The bad guy wasn't hurt until he accidentally smashed his face into the concrete when the officers gingerly released him from his smasehd up car. ;)

Why did they make you piss in a cup?

Piss test...sorry, P.C. term is "Urine Analysis." They do the same to you after a shooting, along with bloodwork.

Why is that? To make sure the cop isn't under the influence?

Its the law when it comes to things like this. I worked for a company that transported Railroad crews. If you get in an accident, they test to see if you are drunk, under the influence of drugs, or both. Its nothing to worry about if you are innocent. I mean really...Do you want a Police Officer in a high speed chase that had a blood alcohol of 0.10%? Hell no you wouldn't.

We had this happen in the town I've lived in off and on through the years. I can tell you some stories that would make you wonder what the hell they was thinking. One of the PO got married so for the bachelor's party 4 of the officers got in a vehicle and decided it would be fun to go 4 wheeling in some corn fields. Needless to say, 2 of them was killed and 2 lived. The one cop driving had a BA level over like 0.25% and he died of course and one of the Officers that lived, I think he had a level less than 0.08% and should have been driving. Both of the survivors lost their job and one of them went to Prison.

Or how about the time the one Officer passed out at the Railroad crossing and a buddy found him parked in the middle of the highway. They hid his car and took him home. Needless to say, a few cops was fired. One of them went to the County jail for a short term and the other was eventually rehired back on the Police Department. I could go one with some more stories if you want. :0