• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Car Insurance

Islesfan

Hey All,

Received my renewal from Geico and got myself an increase in my rates even though I have been with them for 11 years straight, and have a perfectly clean record. So I deceided to do a little car insurance shopping and received a quote from Esurance that is $143 less than Geico for six months.

Called Geico and they said I was in the highest rating but they couldn't lower my rate any, even after I told them about my quote from the other company.

Does anyone have any experience with Esurance? Any input would be appreiciated?

Thanks,

Mike

Islesfan said:
Received my renewal from Geico

There's your first problem. ;)

I've never heard of Esurance, I'll do some searching and also where do you live, if you don't mind me asking...

Live in NYC....have seen the Esurance commercials on TV for about a year now...

About a year and half ago I had good sucess with an outfit called:

GMAC On-Line

They saved be about $300+ annually. I shopped them again last year and no one came close. Haven't had a claim in 10+ years, so I don't have an opinion on their claim service, however, they bill me on-time and always take my money. :)

*edited for typo

I have seen the Esurance commercials on line and that cartoon babe is hot...lol Have not hard about their service however from anyone. I am with Allstate and also starting to look for another.

I've never heard of Esurance but looking at there website they seem more of an "internet" insurance thing. If they advertise near you there should be an agent near you. I know that Geico does have some agencies, I've just never seen one.

But don't always be concerned about the price. Just make sure you know what you are getting into and always look around. :thumbs:

I've had esurance for the past 4 years and they've been pretty good so far...:)