• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Car stereo

Cparker

My dogs don't smoke
So, my Ford Bronco saga continues. My car started Jacksoning and Benjamining me, so I sold it. Thought about buying a used car but the used car market in my area is just nuts putting me driving my '02 Chevy 2500HD crew cab long bed. (to illustrate my question). Driving is Atlanta traffic is a bitch. Driving a long bed truck in Atlanta traffic is bitchier. I have decided to add a backup camera which led to updating the stereo. Found a decent price on speakers, but need a head unit. Looking at trying to stay under $500. I like the Alpine 407. Also want to add Bluetooth for my phone as the head unit price offsets a ticket for talking on my phone. I will install it myself. Also updating the mirrors for better visibility. Any experiences are helpful.

Check out Crutchfield, I got a head unit for my 02 Camaro. They even did a harness for it, plus I now have a back up camera

Did you install the backup camera yourself? I have seen a couple of videos and tying it into turn on when shifting into reverse looks like a pita.

Crutchfield is the way to go, typically anything from them will be fine, especially for an old truck. About to replace the one in my 99 F350, but need to make sure I get fix the 4wd first.