• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Car Wash

How do you wash/wax your car?

• I wash and wax myself by hand

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • I take it to the carwash

Votes: 19 36.5%
  • It gets washed everytime it rains

Votes: 19 36.5%

• Total voters

TBaGZ

I'm around...
I washed and waxed my wifes lil Mazda3 this morning and judging by the feel of the paint it was probably the first time it had ever been waxed by hand (just bought it used after her Altima was totaled). I really need to do a complete detail on my Avalanche inside and out but that is gunna eat up atleast a whole day.

So do you put time into keeping your vehicles looking good?

I have a service that comes by to wash and wax mine. :cool:

sexy_car_wash_babe.jpg

~Boar

I wash and wax the cars if I have the time on the weekends.

If the weather doesn't cooperate or it's too cold I take them to the carwash. I try to get the cars to the wash every other week when they salt the roads in the winter.

...I wish my wife would wash my car for a change :whistling:

Here in the PacNW it has been known to RAIN a little bit.....:p

Local chain will do a decent external car wash for $5.00.....I run the Jetta TDI through them every couple of weeks or so to get the big road chunks off.

Call me lazy.....I can deal with that......:laugh:

Call me lazy.....I can deal with that......:laugh:

Lazy! ;)

When I lived up in Rochester I would try to get to the car wash once a week during the winter. When I was younger and had nothing better to do I would wash the cars every weekend and try to wax it once a month.

I pay for a monthly service at a local car wash in MD. They are a green facility, recycling 80% of wash water. $40 a month and I can show up whenever I want. I usually go once a week. :thumbs:

I run my Corolla through the car wash every couple weeks. Usually once a year I have the entire car gone through by the dealership...wash, wax, engine compartment cleaned, interior cleaned and carpets shampooed. I plan on keeping this car for a while so might as well keep it in good shape.

That young lady got swindled on those "jean shorts" she's wearing. Really poor quality stuff, and they're probably just jeans that were cut up.

Poor silly girl.

That young lady got swindled on those "jean shorts" she's wearing. Really poor quality stuff, and they're probably just jeans that were cut up.

Poor silly girl.

I agree Jon, and to teach her a lesson on what not to buy, I think she needs a good spanking!!!:D And I volunteer to give it to her.

Ken

Ya know BBS, since I know your son is a Marine, I sure in hell ain't going to call you lazy (not to your face, and not here on CP). :cool:

You are ecologically sophisticated.

Now, more to the point being raised. We just bought a new Honda Accord in a maroon metallic that I just love the hell out of; so I find myself keeping it above clean. I have always wanted a finish that you could make peoples head turn, and this color is just that. So I found a Concour carnuba wax that just kicks you in the balls and now live in auto heaven.

If you translate that into you absolute favorite cigar, that is where I am now with the car and wax. To each his own.

I wonder if anyone makes an ISOM wax I need to try? ???

I take our cars to the carwash once a week as I feel it wastes less water than if I do it by hand. I used to be fanatical about washing and detailing, but as life got busier, priorities with my time has changed all that.

This could go off into a "favorite car care products" thread. Like favorite Wax, Leather Cleaner, etc.