• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Caribbean Smoke shops?

wilmotrogers

WilmotRogers
In a couple weeks, I am going to be visiting Grand Turk, Turks & Caicos, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands, and Ocho Rios Jamaica. Wondered if you guys knew of any quality smoke shops down there I could buy a ISOM to enjoy while on the cruise? Thanks.

Try here.

Also, check sponsors who might be located in the islands.

Grand Cayman has a LCDH of the main strip... it is near the Harley Davidson store. They will be your best bet and have the best prices due to their duty free policy.

You have to kind of look for it though... it is tucked back a little. There will be a small sign standing on the street though.

David, the owner of LCDH TJ just opened another one in Cancun in the Hotel Zone and I hear is wonderful. Anyone been there lately?

Make sure you visit the LCDH in Grand Cayman. It will be right on the main street. Prices are high, but it is an excellent place to try new smokes, and check out the latest Cubans. Ask for Wallace, a quite nice and knowledgable fellow. If your wife or SO tags along, they serve great Cuban coffee.......

Thanks guys. Helps to know where to go. Any recommendations on what to smoke? Only ISOM I have ever had was a Cohiba, can't even remember what size.

Thanks guys. Helps to know where to go. Any recommendations on what to smoke? Only ISOM I have ever had was a Cohiba, can't even remember what size.

FOr some light reading onthe subject, I recommend Min ROn Nee's "Illustrated Encyclopedia of Post-Revolution Havana Cigars."
Also, try reading everything posted here: http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/

Seriously, though, to make a recommendation as to what to smoke without knowing what you like and don't like, if you like big cigars, small cigars, lots of nicotine or no, Heavy Strong flavors, or mild, light smokes....there is a broad, varied, and wonderful world out there. Cohibas are always nice.
I also start a lot of people with ROmeo Y Julietas, or SLR A's.

Good luck, and have fun!

A word of advice is to be very careful when purchasing, print out a list of valid box codes, look at the tax stamp on the box, etc. Even in the most upscale places, someone will be looking to sell you fakes from bellboys to the people working in the stores. If you do a little research, you won't get screwed and any store that's uncomfortable with you examining the tax stamps should probably, in general be avoided.

Nothing on Turks & Caicos - I was in GT and Provo - ISOM cigars were fake (except at the airport on Provo) and both "ISOMs" and domestics had beetle problems in most of the stores. I'd stick with the LCDH on Grand Cayman - or at least a shop that had decent temp/humidity controls.

Interesting thoughts on Turks & Caicos. I'm going to be visiting there in September and thought I'd read on one of these forums about a good B&M shop in the Ports of Call Shopping Village. I'll be one night at the Comfort Suites adjacent and was hoping to do some shopping there.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I wish I had this info before I got taken advantage of in Mexico. Good for you for researching first. My advice is to never look for a deal. Consider everywhere fake except where these guys tell you to go. Enjoy!