• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Carlos Torano 1916 Cameroon

wrz0170

6.5 x 54 Torpedo
Cameroon wrapper
Nicaraguan & Honduran filler

Construction: Very good, no blemishes
Pre-light draw: Excellent
Burn: Even
Smoke: Abundant
Ash: Lt. gray, tight

I decided to give this one a try because of the advertised special that CI was having and I am glad that I did!

The construction was very good with no blemishes. The pre-light aroma was pleasant. I made the cut with a double guillotine cutter and it was very clean, with no unravelling. I took a pre-light draw and it was smooth and consistent. Very good so far.

There was little to no wind so I toasted the foot with a wooden match and was able to light from the same match. No touch-ups were needed. The smoke, wow, there was an abundance of it! You take a decent puff and with no wind, you couldn't see anyone across a table! My better half even remarked how pleasant the smell was. Usually she would give me the universal Mr. Yuk sign with most of my smokes. This one was :thumbs:

The burn was even all the way down to the nub. The ash was lt. gray and was solid. Ahhh, the taste. Starts off a little spicy then settles in to a complex creamy, woodsy flavor. I smoked this one right down to the nub. I also paired it up with my favorite brew, Leffe Belgian Ale. The two paired up nicely.

My conclusion. Very good after dinner cigar if you are looking for something mild to end the day with. Easy on the wallet too. This one went for $4.40 @ CI. I wouldn't hesitate to pick up this cigar again. Matter of fact, Onyx Belicoso quickly became a mainstay in my humi and my all around go-to cigar. Well, the Onyx just got some serious competition.

Nice review wrz,

I couldn't agree more. I was introduced to a few of these through a mild-medium sampler from CI and I really enjoyed them. Then a generous BOTL (Lilbastage) was kind enough to include one in a bomb he sent me. I think these have earned a spot in the rotation.

Very good review.
I am a fan of Torano signature and reserva selecta, but have never had any luck or taste for the rest of there lines. The cameroon lines all seem to have a metal taste to me. I will however give another one a try since you did a good job on your descriptions. I will try some different beverages this time. :)
Thanks
DarrenR

Very good review.
I am a fan of Torano signature and reserva selecta, but have never had any luck or taste for the rest of there lines. The cameroon lines all seem to have a metal taste to me. I will however give another one a try since you did a good job on your descriptions. I will try some different beverages this time. :)
Thanks
DarrenR

Cool! Let us know how you make out. Hopefully it's a better outcome :)

I really like the 1916. One of my first favorite cigars! I don't smoke them nearly enough, and everytime I get around to one I wonder why I don't keep these on hand all the time... :whistling:

I really like the 1916. One of my first favorite cigars! I don't smoke them nearly enough, and everytime I get around to one I wonder why I don't keep these on hand all the time... :whistling:

I will definitely be trying this one again to be sure it wasn't a fluke. I don't think so though. I anticipate that this may surpass the Onyx and be the new "go to".

Sounds like a smoke I have to try. I've been smoking quite a few Cameroon wrapped cigars lately, mostly from the AF Don Carlos line and I've been searching for some less expensive alternatives. Thanks for the review.

Sounds like a smoke I have to try. I've been smoking quite a few Cameroon wrapped cigars lately, mostly from the AF Don Carlos line and I've been searching for some less expensive alternatives. Thanks for the review.

One of my favorites is the CAO Cameroon, give it a shot. $6 a stick or so.

I think the Torano is the cigar the guys speed herfed saturday night at the CP herf. I don't think any of them will ever smoke another one again. :D

Funny you mention about Cameroons. I was just thinking how I have been gravitating towards them. Another favorite of mine is the H.Upmann Vintage Cameroon. Have you tried them yet?

Cool. I will give that one a try!

I know where your comming from being a cameroon whore :rolleyes: They are in my humi at all times. But anything that has the word cameroon with it I like alot. Plus you gave a nice review on one of my fav sticks. If you get a chance try a H. Upmann Vintage Cameroon. They are my all time fav cameroon. :thumbs:

I know where your comming from being a cameroon whore :rolleyes: They are in my humi at all times. But anything that has the word cameroon with it I like alot. Plus you gave a nice review on one of my fav sticks. If you get a chance try a H. Upmann Vintage Cameroon. They are my all time fav cameroon. :thumbs:

Yep, had the H.Upmann :) It ranks up there too. It seems like I have been doing a second notice on Cameroons.

As a newbie, I didn't know where my taste buds were going to lead me. I think I am starting to find out.....

Funny you mention about Cameroons. I was just thinking how I have been gravitating towards them. Another favorite of mine is the H.Upmann Vintage Cameroon. Have you tried them yet?

Yes, I've smoked the robusto, petit corona and the belicoso from this line. Pretty good, but not as flavorful as the Don Carlos or CAO IMHO.

Love the CAO Cameroons! Just smoked one tonight ... very tasty!

Edited for spelling. :D

Yes, I've smoked the robusto, petit corona and the belicoso from this line. Pretty good, but not as flavorful as the Don Carlos or CAO IMHO.

Love the CAO Cameroons! Just smoked one tonight ... very tasty!

Edited for spelling. :D

I have a trip to the B&M coming up tomorrow. I will ask for the CAO Cameroon to give it a shot.

Great Review :D
I had one of these over the weekend and it was excellent, I will definitely get some more of these. :thumbs:

One of my favorite mild-medium smokes.
I love the torano lines,almost all of the torano's are a big hit with me.
I love the 1916,signature,virtuoso,1959 gold and silver...good stuff.

Thank you for the great review,I had similar profiles as you did.

You should try the Alex Bradley Trilogy Cameroon. They used make them in a triangular shape, which may sound wierd at first until you try it. Now, they have discontinued the triangular shape and now sell them as a round parejo style cigar. You can find them at Cigars International. http://www.cigarsinternational.com/prodDis...tem=CS-0S&cat=3

C.I. supposedly asked for the Trilogy triangular shape to be made only for them. "...Best of all, I convinced Alec Bradley to continue production on the "old school" tri-press shape....for CI customers only."

However, I just ordered some from CheapHumidors.com.
http://www.cheaphumidors.com/Merchant2/mer...School_TriPress

I have heard that the round Trilogies will soon be discontinued.

I'm a big fan of Carlos Torano especially the 1916. It is one of my go to cigars. I am becoming very fond of camaroons in general and regularly smoke the 1916, the CAO, the H. Upmann, and a very underated stick - the Oliva Grand Camaroon.

I'm a big fan of Carlos Torano especially the 1916. It is one of my go to cigars. I am becoming very fond of camaroons in general and regularly smoke the 1916, the CAO, the H. Upmann, and a very underated stick - the Oliva Grand Camaroon.

Let me know what ya think of the Camacho Select....supposed to be an aged Cameroon cigar.I have not had the pleasure of grabbing one yet.

These are very mild IMHO. Grassy notes though out with sugary sweetness. For me, they are not bad, but I prefer fuller bodied smokes. However, can be a decent morning smoke.