• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Carlos Torano Exodus 1959

psyktek

Frugal Old Fart!
Just wanted to jump in and plug these. So far I've agreed with the opinions everyone's put up on the various smokes. :0

These are box-pressed, shiny with oil, chocolate-colored maduros that, I swear, look so good you want to take a bite out of 'em before you light up. Firm, easy draw, Huge volumes of smoke and a rich but mild flavor profile. I'm about a quarter of the way into a box and will definitely be replacing it when done. :love: I think these are far better than the silver band version, despite that it gets more hype from the retailers.

Now, can someone recommend something similar that isn't squared off? As I smoke longer, my tastes get pickier, and I find that I really prefer a round stick.

Psyktek

psyktek said:
Just wanted to jump in and plug these. So far I've agreed with the opinions everyone's put up on the various smokes. :0

These are box-pressed, shiny with oil, chocolate-colored maduros that, I swear, look so good you want to take a bite out of 'em before you light up. Firm, easy draw, Huge volumes of smoke and a rich but mild flavor profile. I'm about a quarter of the way into a box and will definitely be replacing it when done. :love: I think these are far better than the silver band version, despite that it gets more hype from the retailers.

Now, can someone recommend something similar that isn't squared off? As I smoke longer, my tastes get pickier, and I find that I really prefer a round stick.

Psyktek
The Exodus is my favorite CT cigar........ something similar, Give the CAO Brazillia a shot! ;)

:thumbs: Love the Brazilia series! Gimme a FAT smoke any day!

Psykek

I agree with the Brazilias. If you haven't tried the Pirahna yet in that series you're missing out on a great little cigar. :thumbs:

i love both cigars mentioned. i've been lucky enough to recieve them in trades or in a bomb. i wish i could keep a box of each on hand.
i really don't think i've had a bad torano or cao yet!

What's great Glenn is that Torano will be making all of the CAO cigars, including the Anniversaries!

Their first production for CAO was the CAO Vintage Maduro which came out about a month and a half ago. They are using 1998 vintage maduro wrappers on these cigars. Very tasty! :thumbs:

For something similar, try the La Luna Maduro Fuerte's or African Fuerte's. They are pressed though.

Emo

I too love the torano exodus - and don't enjoy box pressed. BUT I enjoy them so much, I don't care about the box press. I also have been enjoying the CAO L'Anniversaire Maduro. I am definitely going to try the Brazilia.
I also recommend the Partagas Black Label. I find them FULL bodied, but great flavor.

Thats my $.02

I have not tried very many Torano's, but the ones that I have tried, did not impress me much.

Captain B said:
I too love the torano exodus - and don't enjoy box pressed. BUT I enjoy them so much, I don't care about the box press. I also have been enjoying the CAO L'Anniversaire Maduro. I am definitely going to try the Brazilia.
I also recommend the Partagas Black Label. I find them FULL bodied, but great flavor.

Thats my $.02
:D Well, we are in agreement on everything you mentioned, ESPECIALLY the Brazilia. 'Course, you have to enjoy herfing on a culvert to enjoy one of those.
I AM a fan of large smokes!
I'm still looking to try a couple of CAO eXtremes. I really like the XV, so I think I'd enjoy those.

Psyktek

I agree with Emo the La Luna Maddies are Yummmmy. They're a great smoke and have become one of my favorites, the African Fuertes are good but a little lighter smoke IMHO. I strongly suggest giving them a try.

BenjieV :D