• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Carlos Torano Exodus 1959

XxMerlinxX

I am a leaf on the wind...
So I haven't posted a review in what seems like forever, due mainly to the fact that I've been battling a nasty upper respiratory and sinus infection. I can't seem to get things straight up there, maybe I'll stay well for more than a few months now. In any case, I haven't gotten to smoke any new sticks either, rather limits what I can review. I'm somewhat recovered now and so have tried a few new sticks, one of which I will comment on now. Also, apologies for the terrible picture as I only have my camera phone to work with at the moment.

Brand: Carlos Torano
Cigar: Exodus 1959 Robusto

This is a Honduran stick that was gifted to me a while back, so it has a good year or so of age on it. It was about 5 inches long and had a ring gauge of 52. The wrapper is Honduran while the filler is a blend of 5 different tobaccos hailing from Costa Rica, the Dominican Republic, Honduras, Mexico, and Nicaragua. The wrapper itself wasn't overly oily but was still pleasant to the eye with a dark brown color. Upon clipping the cap with my cheap-o cutter (I really need to get something else), I frayed the wrapper, though it turned out not to be a problem. It had a good draw and mouth-feel to it. I managed to light it and then let it settle for a little while. The first few puffs had a nice sort of spice to them. I couldn't nail the taste down to anything in particular, but it was pleasant. Soon after, I tasted what I could only describe as cocoa. It wasn't a really strong chocolaty kind of taste, but hints of cocoa were definitely there. I had smelled this earlier on a different cigar that I previously smoked, though didn't taste it at all throughout that stick. I know now where it came from. I definitely enjoyed the flavor that this stick had to offer and hopefully I can find more of a similar nature.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to enjoy this cigar for very long. From what seemed like the very beginning, I had a hard time getting it to burn evenly. As things progressed, it only got worse, as 1/3 of the way through the stick the burn started to "tunnel". What I mean is that the wrapper would not stay lit, and after ashing, I found that the burn had moved down into the middle of the filler, forming a sort of tunnel. I smoked it for as long as I could and then abandoned it once it put itself out. I'm starting to wonder if this was partly my fault as I've had other cigars that didn't seem to want to stay lit.

I'll be picking up another one of these and maybe one of the Signature line as well, so hopefully I'll have better luck with those. From what I had, I definitely liked it, but I just wish it would've burned a lot better than it had. If anyone knows of a few sticks that taste similar, please drop me a line as I'm still figuring out what I like and what I don't. The following is a picture of the cigar after it had put itself out.

10-20-07_1919.jpg

Good review. Try the Signature -- a much nicer cigar, IMO.

Btw, nice pic of your pocket. But what's that brownish, fuzzy looking thing in the forground? :D

Nice review!

It's a pity it didn't burn right. I never had that problem with a '59, a favorite Torano.

If you can find one, the Torano Signature Perfecto is an excellent blend and, IMO, much better than the other vitolas.

Nice review! Sucks that it tunnelled, though. The only Torano I've ever liked was the Virtuoso.

Nice review. I have never tried this one, but i do have a recommendation for the newbies/people enjoying the milder side. The Casa Torano is a pleasant smoke with a nice aroma. It's distinct flavor will keep you reminded of this unique smoke.

Sorry to thread jack, please continue.

Good review. Torano is a good smoke i like the exodus you had its (usually) a good smoke. Sorry for the tunneling thats a bummer.