• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CA's Top Cigars of the year

In honor of number #1 Padron 45 I will be smoking it tonight as the voice is back.

Funny last year price was noted about the 80th, now no problem with $25 for one!? You guys smoked the natural and the maddy? I have only had one maddy to date.

Some random thoughts.....

The 45 definitely deserved to be #1.
The LFD Salomon definitely deserved to be #1.
The LFD Salomon definitely deserves to be in the top 10.

There a few in the top 10 that I don't think I'd put in the top 25. I rarely seriously consider CAs list.
It's an issue that is fun to read but come on, some people just put to much weight on it. This is, after all,
a magazine that is more about an upscale lifestyle then it is about cigars, the culture, the industry, etc.

I read the intro online and did find something interesting. How they code the cigars for identification
purposes and that the one who does the coding isn't a taster. So that makes it a pretty good blind tasting.
The cigars are purchased just for the tastings so they haven't been "aging" for a while.

here is a video on how they do the tasting and rating link

Hey guys,

The newbie here again. Is CA really that bais. I only ask because my girlfriend just got me a year subscription for the magazine. I was pretty excited when she told me too. I wanted it because of their cigar reviews. But, it seems like most of you turn your head at their judgment.

I dont think it is a wasted subscription. I buy every issue rather than subscribe just so I can support my local B&M a little more. As for the reviews, you have to take them with a grain of salt in that just because a cigar scores a high rating doesnt mean you will like it and the opposite on a lower scoring cigar. I think the ratings are good to give you some insight but just know your taste is subjective and you should smoke what you like. Its kind of funny now that the list is out because there will be people walking into cigar shops with the next issue of CA asking for the top 10 just because it is on the list.

I've bought and smoked more Oliva cigars last year as any other brand.

Mine is the 'O' and not the 'V' however.

LFD Salamon came in at 13??? After they gushed over it in the initial tasting and gave it a 95?

Oh well, I don't put much stock in Shanken's vanity mag anyway. Maybe someday I'll be rich enough to publish a magazine with 20 pages per issue of me playing golf with only a handful of cigar material thrown in...