• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Casa Fuente is dead!

wkoti said:
I'm not really all that shocked, it has been mentioned and joked about several times that we are sitting in the middle of a non smoking mall, directly below the escalator, blowing smoke into innocent peoples faces. I've always been on the mindset that my freedoms end when I encroach upon yours. That was sort of the case, in this scenario. I sounds like we can still smoke inside the bar area, unfortunately it's quite small. I'm searching for some additional information on this.
That's how I would easily find Casa Fuente - wander around the forum shops until I started smelling cigar smoke - then head up the escalator! Lol.

Fwiw smoking in casa Fuente right now, they moved a bunch of tables inside. The say this is temporary but we will see

Hmm that sucks, was looking forward to my first visit at CF during the IPCPR this year.  :(

The Chenman has it right. You guys should check out the Rhum Bar inside The Mirage.

I was actually tell a buddy of mine today how wonderful Casa Fuente is and how the atmosphere and the girls with the monitors make smoking hundred dollar cigars feel so right...this is a sad day my friends...

insight said:
Fwiw smoking in casa Fuente right now, they moved a bunch of tables inside. The say this is temporary but we will see

Phil, I hope you're right but as you say, we will see......

Ran into 42 there today out of the blue, where else would that Happen lol

JHolmes763 said:
I thought people went there for the mojitos and the girls serving them? Or was there somewhere else...
I think you go there for the flat diet coke.

Disappointed. Went when we were there for Big Smoke, wife bought me a very nice Casa Fuente cigar to smoke had a great mojito and a pleasant evening. I have had cigars that I enjoyed much more, the drinks were, to me a little overpriced. However, glad I went as it is now a once in a lifetime experieince. Will try rhumbar and Pheasant next time. Actually had Pheasant cigars on my list to go to, but just ran out of time. Something to look forward to.

Been there a couple of times, can't say I actually enjoyed smoking in the middle of a shopping mall floor, but it's sad to see any smoking space get lost.  

Sad to hear the news  :( I had a friend just return from Vegas and he was wondering why everyone was crammed in the store smoking, said even the humidor smells too strong of cigar smoke. I remember finally smoking a cigar there, a Don Carlos lancero for breakfast on an empty stomach, my friend had a Power Ranger. We both wobbled out of there sweating like pigs!  :laugh: Good times! 

Mike and Carlito are planning on inclosing the patio. I hear it should be done by the IPCPR in July of this year. Casa Fuente is and will remain an great place to go. Mike Frye, the owner, also has another shop in Vegas called Frey Boys Cigar Box. They have much better prices like Opus from $12-$35, but only open M-F 11am-5pm...

Even thought that patio was crap its still sad.  I would love to see the whole shop move somewhere nicer than wedged in the corner under the restrooms!
I love Casa Fuente and can always be found there within an hour of landing in Vegas, but I think the location sucks.

JHolmes763 said:
I thought people went there for the mojitos and the girls serving them? Or was there somewhere else...
That is the place, too bad about this....too bad they cannot expand the joint to accommodate the stuff they sell.

insight said:
Ran into 42 there today out of the blue, where else would that Happen lol

Any time you see Jesus, it's a blessed day!

I was at Casa Fuente every day during my weekend trip.  Smoking inside is really not all that bad.  There are about 12 bar stools available and about maybe five tables to sit at.  Also you don't have to wait until the waitresses come out to see if you want another drink to check them out as they're right there with you  :thumbs:

After speaking with the couple of bartenders and some of the workers there, they believe this ban is temporary.  As it should be, being that I still smelled the cigar smoke up those two sets of escalators by the upstairs bathrooms.  Nonetheless, I had a great time each and every time I sparked up a CF cigar while downing some mojitos.