• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Casa Magna Colorado

elderboy02

Date: 1/22/09

Cigar: Casa Magna Colorado Robusto (5.5 x 52)

Cost: $5.60

Drink: Coca-Cola (the best cola)

Appearance: This has a Colorado wrapper on it. There wrapper was absolutely beautiful. It has a triple cap on it. The band is very thick and elegant. The appearance gets a 10/10

CasaMagnaColoradoRobusto.jpg

Taste of the cigar: This cigar tastes like rich chocolate. It is sweet and woodsy as well. It is a pretty complex cigar.

Construction: Held a long ash. The draw was perfect. The cigar required no touchups.

CasaMagnaColoradoRobusto2.jpg

Strength: This was a medium-full cigar.

Summary: This cigar was absolutely delicious. Cigar Aficionado named it their #1 cigar of 2008. I don't think it was the best of 2008, but it was very, very good. I will definitely buy more of these in the future. The only thing keeping it from getting a 10/10 was I wanted a little more spice. I give it a 9.4/10.

Thanks for the review. I read that in CA and wanted to try one. Up to the store I will have to go.

I smoked one of these yesterday at my B&M on the recommendation of the owner. It was a good smoke; got much more complex and intense as I smoked it.

Thanks for the review. I have yet to try one of these, but would love someone to pm me with a 5'er or something along those lines!!!!!!!!

Don

Got my 5'er resting from the trip to my house :)

Going to give one a go next week. Glad you enjoyed yours. I hope mine are the same.

Had one of these last night and was pleasantly surprised by it. I hadn't really heard of these, but Kevin (MindRiot) must of known this was something up my alley! :D

Even though the cigar felt a little soft, it burned friggin perfect. Straight burn, nice concentric rings in the ash, even a little oil seeping out above the burn where the wrapper was getting hot. I can't pick out a whole lot of flavors, but this was definitly a medium-full bodied cigar that seemed to ramp up in strength as it burned. Just had a great strong flavor all the way through, honestly. I'll certainly be looking forward to the next few of these that I have to see if they're just as good.

I had a corona gorda size or something close to that, btw. Not a big fan of anything over 48.

-John

My experience was dead on with yours. Being my first cigar since New Years, I lit a torpedo up and it was pretty damn good. Caught me by surprise. Sweet woodsy flavor with some nice complexity to it. Also in search of that "hit you in your face spice" but the mellow flavors made up for it. Not my preference in vitolas but I nubbed that @#$% out of it. :) #1 cigar of '08? I can name a few others but definitely on the top 25 list.

Anyone know of a good place to pick up a fiver? I'm very curious to try one of these smokes for sure.

Thanks for the review!

Kevin (MindRiot) from silocigars.com sent me some on my last order. I can't get his site to load where I'm at right now, but he may have some 5-packs available. Send him a PM.

Had my first of these last night.

I have to admit, this was a damn good cigar....#1 in the world? Probably not, however, it was impressive. I'm glad I have a few more.

Everything from construction, burn, amount of smoke, flavor, and profile was great. Definitely worth getting!

I've had two. I like the cigar, but no way is it numero uno for '08. The above discriptions are accurate.

The Padron 80th, now I could agrue the merits of it being #1.

Kevin

This was a good smoke. It was definitely worth the $5, but there is no way I would ever choose this over an 80th.

Art

Great Review...sounds like you really liked the cigar :thumbs:

The two I've smoked had major burn issues...I had a hard time keeping it lit. The guys I've shared them with have said the same. It's tough to pick out flavors and taste when you're sucking on the thing like a straw in a frozen McDonald's shake.

Maybe a week of dry boxing will do the trick :whistling:

Great Review...sounds like you really liked the cigar :thumbs:

The two I've smoked had major burn issues...I had a hard time keeping it lit. The guys I've shared them with have said the same. It's tough to pick out flavors and taste when you're sucking on the thing like a straw in a frozen McDonald's shake.

Maybe a week of dry boxing will do the trick :whistling:

I had burn issues as well. Had to relight 5 times, and then gave up. I was smoking the larger size one, toro perhaps. To be fair, this was after the stick took a plane ride in my travel lock and lock, but I had other sticks that made the journey just fine. I wasn't impressed by the flavor, but I imagine it never had a chance to really come out. Hopefully the next will be better.

I'm not knocking this stick, but for the life of me I can't figure what qualifies this to be the Numero-uno.

Art

I don't disagree, it was good....maybe top 25 good....but no way in the top 10 IMO.

Still I was surprised at how good it was for the cost.