• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Casa Magna

c1garfan

Casa Magna

5 1/2 X 52

Brethren,

After reading so many reviews on this stick I decided to see what this cigar was all about. After all, this stick did get top cigar of the year. I usually don't try cigars based on ratings, but this one got my attention.

Looking at the cigar I see it has an oily Cuban seed Colorado wrapper. A bit discolored in some places, but a good looking wrapper non the less. The wrapper is coarse, which gives it a rustic look. The cigar had significant weight in the hand. At the foot you can see a solid pack. I took a few pulls unlit which had no resistance. Time to set it ablaze!

Once I got the foot lit I got a taste of medium smoke accompanied by light pepper. A dense salt and pepper ash began to form. Id say the flavors were harmonious. I enjoyed the sweetness, creamy body, and balance of pepper.

As I neared the half way mark I noticed the smoke begin to pick up in strength but nothing overwhelming. Id say the cigar is smoking right between medium and full. Its worth noting how well the ash holds together. The thick ring gauge and solid pack contribute to the cigars construction.

The last third provided more of the same with the addition of roasted nuts and black coffee notes.

Overall this was an enjoyable cigar. Is it better than a Padron 80th which took second place? That would be a tough sell.

gallery_7858_1168_24781.jpg

gallery_7858_1168_11417.jpg

gallery_7858_1168_14711.jpg

gallery_7858_1168_12005.jpg

Nice review. My impressions of this cigar were very similar in the handful I've had.

I recently tried one. This cigar was good but, for lack of a better phrase, it lacked "attitude." It didn't stand out at all. One things for sure, It does have exceptional construction.

Wait until the Uptown Isy special comes out with Nestor Plasencia's Colorado wrapper. I can't be sure where Nestor's wrapper on the Casa Magna comes from, but mine is a Jalapa Colorado (nicaraguan). It'll blow away the Casa Magna! Stay tuned!!!

I guess ill now just have to try that one that nestor Jr handed me off the factory floor two days ago to know what all the hype us about.
So who hates me? Lol
Chris

I guess ill now just have to try that one that nestor Jr handed me off the factory floor two days ago to know what all the hype us about.
So who hates me? Lol
Chris

That's sweet....I can only imagine what the cigar that Nestor Jr gave you off the floor tastes like, just as I'm smoking the one that Nestor Sr. gave me from his shirt pocket! :laugh:

My B&M still has these. My curiousity is piqued. I'll have to get one tomorrow.