• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cat Found 5 Years, 1,800 Miles and One Microchip Later

I heard about this on the radio yesturday. Wow what a crazy story. :)

Paul

They need to put in an RF chip with gps capabilities in it. Then you could find her with your phone, in far less than 5 years. :whistling:

They need to put in an RF chip with gps capabilities in it. Then you could find her with your phone, in far less than 5 years. :whistling:

But how would you power it? Change your cat's batteries every week?

I lost my dog for 5 years too, a Lhasa Apso, this was in 2000. He climbed the chicken wire and squeezed between the wrought iron gates and although he had a microchip, no one ever turned him in nor took him to the vet, but someone kept him for a couple of years. He was good with kids and would listen to me when I snapped my fingers. We moved away but kept our main phone number active and the Humane Society found him as a field stray one city over (about 5 miles).

He had different habits since whoever kept him in a kennel never let him out to exercise so we had to slowly break him of this. He lived another 5 years with us and another dog we adopted from my SIL. Just last year I put him to sleep and have his ashes on the shelf inside our home.

Chewee finally came home.

DSC00003.jpg

Good story. We've reunited owners, due to micro chipping, at all the hospitals I've worked at. Never like this though.