• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cats...Egyptian Mau

Fast4Dr

Single Malt Newbie
The soon to be wife wants a cat since we are unable to have dogs in our co-op.

The only cat that I really like is the Egyptian Mau. Does anyone have one? What do you think of it? Do you know a breeder? What price range are they in?

Thanks,
Mike

Get a Tabby, they are wonderful cats and very loyal....

Mine waits for me at the curb almost every night.....drives my wife nuts as she feeds her! LOL :laugh:

No, but you should really look into a Turkish Van. Beautiful cats. All of them are pure and all of their offspring look like the dad. All white with a brownish-orange tail and some same color markings on the forhead. Very great temperment and loving and affectionate. Look into them, such a great cat. Hope it helps.

-Fetter

I've seen one, a mini-leopard looking thing as it is the only spotted breed. It won't be cheap I know that. My advise is to take the wife to the local shelter and she'll find some little fur ball to fall in love with.

AVB said:
I've seen one, a mini-leopard looking thing as it is the only spotted breed. It won't be cheap I know that. My advise is to take the wife to the local shelter and she'll find some little fur ball to fall in love with.
[snapback]229544[/snapback]​
I'm not worried about her falling in love with one as she'll fall in love with any of them. However, I'm not a cat person and of all the cats I've seen the Mau is the only one that I like....I guess it's because it does look leopard-like (I like large cats, leopards, pums, tigers, etc.

Get a Main Coon cat link
( search the site the link takes you to and you can read about a lot of cat breeds,

Bill

I have a Maine Coon and while it can be a large cat it isn't always. Also, being a long hair Mike might not want the shedding.

wam79 said:
Get a Main Coon cat link
( search the site the link takes you to and you can read about a lot of cat breeds,

Bill
[snapback]229547[/snapback]​

Havent dealt with them but they are cool looking cats, and if your dead set on a Egyptian Mau. Here is a breeder in New York.

New York

Photo Name: Eve George
Cattery: Marzac Knoll (TICA, CFA)
Shipping? We ship, but prefer to place locally.
Notes: Grand Champion lines. Written health guarantee. Silver.
Works with other breeds: Abyssinian

Contact Marzac Knoll by:

Mail to Email: egeorge2@rochester.rr.com
Phone Telephone: 585-394-8728
Fax FAX: 585-394-8728

jcpyro said:
Havent dealt with them but they are cool looking cats, and if your dead set on a Egyptian Mau. Here is a breeder in New York.

New York

Photo Name: Eve George
Cattery: Marzac Knoll (TICA, CFA)
Shipping? We ship, but prefer to place locally.
Notes: Grand Champion lines. Written health guarantee. Silver.
Works with other breeds: Abyssinian

Contact Marzac Knoll by:

Mail to Email: egeorge2@rochester.rr.com
Phone Telephone: 585-394-8728
Fax FAX: 585-394-8728
[snapback]229553[/snapback]​

I've already emailed them prior to starting this post....thanks

Fast4Dr said:
I've already emailed them prior to starting this post....thanks
[snapback]229554[/snapback]​

Sorry didn't know!

Have you looked at Savannah Cats, they don't have any kittens at this time but they might be able to give you some more information.

....cats?

catcarrier.gif

..... :laugh:

We have four dogs, so to each his own, I guess.

Regards - B.B.S.

BlindedByScience said:
....cats?

catcarrier.gif

Regards - B.B.S.
[snapback]229562[/snapback]​

now THAT'S funny! I'll have to order one o' them! Yes, we have 2 cats even with our 2 behemoth dogs... although I'd rather have 2 more dogs instead... thanks BBS- that made my night! :laugh:

BlindedByScience said:
....cats?

catcarrier.gif

Regards - B.B.S.
[snapback]229562[/snapback]​

:thumbs: :thumbs:
Never was a cat person, one killed my little brother's rabbit when we were kids and every since then...

Can't argue with the woman of the house though so cats it is :blush:

I've had dogs in the past and now have a cat and I think they're very cool pets. Mine usually meets me in the driveway when I get home at night and is keeping the house and vegetable gardens critter free.
I know you have your minds set on a Mau (weird! Cats that are called Maus ((mouse-ha ha ha. get it?)) but consider all the very nice strays that are in shelters and are soon to be destroyed.
Good luck.

AVB said:
I have a Maine Coon and while it can be a large cat it isn't always. Also, being a long hair Mike might not want the shedding.
[snapback]229552[/snapback]​

This his how you take care of the shedding. :sign:
IMG_23733.jpg

Amazing enough, within a couple of weeks he grew out to be very even. :laugh:

Yes but I have a happy cat and you, apparently, don't. ;)

PSTAN said:
This his how you take care of the shedding. :sign:
(image removed to conserve space)
Amazing enough, within a couple of weeks he grew out to be very even. :laugh:
[snapback]229813[/snapback]​

He is all better now, plays like a kitten when you toss him an ice cube. He even lets the kids play with him now. :)