• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CBid is a BAD BAD PLACE

MaxNoodle

I am that which is.
As if its not bad enough that I made purchases off of 3 brothers & JR Cigars within a week - I just went to CBID and made 2 more!!!

Its a sickness! This is gonna be a bad year! :(

Good thing is I'm FINALLY coming up on my 4 months in 10 days and can start placing WTTs / WTSs...etc!

Thank God...I have way to many!!! Bombs away!

Haha, yep. I have UPS on the way to the office today with another cbid shipment.. :sign:

And it doesn't help when you're like me...and love less-popular sizes like petit coronas and panetelas...and whenever they pop up on CBid it seems you can always score them at a 40% discount vs. MSRP! :laugh:

Oh well, I'm stocking up before they pass SCHIP!

A word of warning to new C-Bidders...

Make sure you understand what it is you are bidding on.

I haven't been on there in a while but I know in the past, they would sometimes show a full box of an item when in fact you were only bidding on a single or a fiver or whatever. It was described properly, but pictured poorly. Buyer beware.

They may have gotten better about it, I don't know. I don't go there anymore. It's hazardous to my personal life. :)

I've never bought anything from CBid... hope to take that statement with me to the grave ;)

As if its not bad enough that I made purchases off of 3 brothers & JR Cigars within a week - I just went to CBID and made 2 more!!!

Its a sickness! This is gonna be a bad year! :(

Good thing is I'm FINALLY coming up on my 4 months in 10 days and can start placing WTTs / WTSs...etc!

Thank God...I have way to many!!! Bombs away!

They knew they had you when Sack told them your middle name. :D

I just won a 5'er of 2003 Cojonu's which came out to $59 including taxes and shipping. I am justifying it by telling myself that I saved nearly $10.

It is a terrible place.

cbid will bend you over and pork you without hesitation. However, there are occasional bargains if you're patient.

Its funny to watch things go way past what they would normally sell for. Most stuff isnt HTF either. I usually buy the padillia and CAO stuff and put them in the back part of the humi and forget about it for a long time...Can never have to many cheap yard smokes....

Just scored a 5er of Padilla 1932 Lanceros for $33 + shipping :thumbs:

I haven't been on there in a while but I know in the past, they would sometimes show a full box of an item when in fact you were only bidding on a single or a fiver or whatever. It was described properly, but pictured poorly. Buyer beware.

They may have gotten better about it, I don't know. I don't go there anymore. It's hazardous to my personal life. :)

I don't think they are doing any better. They have CAO Mx2 Toro on bid and the pic they show is a box of robustos.

Its funny to watch things go way past what they would normally sell for. Most stuff isnt HTF either. I usually buy the padillia and CAO stuff and put them in the back part of the humi and forget about it for a long time...Can never have to many cheap yard smokes....

I'm noticing the samething. I bid $67 on a box of Punch Grando Puro Rancho which sell on FS for $77...it's close to that right now.

Cbid is what got me in trouble the first time! I had way more gars than I knew what to do with...but it was nice while it lasted. I had to give up the hobby for a while but now that I've started buying cigars again I've promised myself I wouldn't go crazy(we'll see how long that lasts). Only problem with Cbid was I didn't know how to be patient enough to wait for something I REALLY wanted and ended up buying a bunch of bargain crap that just took up room in the coolidor.

The above comment basically is "buyer beware." There are different caterogies for most things; Boxes, Fivers, Singles....The "Quickes" section has a mix of things, usually fivers and boxes.

If you don't understand what it is your bidding on should you really be bidding?

On price, you can find some bargins if your patient. Just because someone else wants to pay over MSRP for something doesn't mean you have too. Sure you can find people bidding $20 plus for smaller ring gauge Opus X, but lucky you I've found CP and know better :thumbs:

CBid is a useful asset, no more no less.

Never had any troubles with my bids or shipments. Then again I make sure to read what they put down for info. My wife doesnt have any love for them though.