• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cbid...What's your latest score?

Rconectn

King of Scotland
I was lucky enough to win a Xikar EX Windproof Lighter Gun Metal for $25! Not Bad considering these often fetch above $35. What's your latest win(s)??

The list is to long to note, but CBid is the best place to find some good sticks and accessories, 95% of what is in my frigador, I got from there.

Yeah I love cbid.com, and I've gotten tons from there but the latest is the My Father Special S White Label. Can't wait to try them!

Same here, got a nice order coming from them soon. Great deals on stuff, they had this sweet digi-camo herfador box I wanted but was priced a little high.

I used to hit Cbid frequently 4 years ago, but being here has taught me to give our vendors that post most of my business. I did get 2 of my desktop humi's and a lot of good samplers of cigars I wanted to try, so they have a special place in my heart for them.

I mostly do the free fall nowadays. Way too many newbies bidding over retail on the auctions. Good deals can still be had if you are patient. My last score was 10 San lotano ovals.

Way too many newbies bidding over retail on the auctions.
I know, I don't understand why so many people keep bidding early. All they are doing is costing themselves money. You have to hang in the background and pounce when it's about to end!

I know, I don't understand why so many people keep bidding early. All they are doing is costing themselves money. You have to hang in the background and pounce when it's about to end!

Although I don't know for sure, I'd say most of the time it's someone associated with the retailer driving up the price. Only a jackass would bid early.

Although I don't know for sure, I'd say most of the time it's someone associated with the retailer driving up the price. Only a jackass would bid early.
That makes sense, never really thought about it. I will say this though, I never do and wait till the end to see what it's gonna go for and then decide.

Far be it for me to poo-poo something people around here enjoy, but I feel obliged to share a little old data with some of the newbs around here. Personally, I stopped using CBid a few years ago for three reasons:

1) The Devil's Weed flap (linky)- douche-like business practice IMHO

2) The last box I purchased from CB was just "off"- because of this, I don't trust their storage

3) If I time it right, the vendors here at Cigar Pass or my locals here in the FL panhandle can give me great deals as well- better to patronize them than CI & CB for reasons 1 & 2

Again, not to be a Debbie-downer, but just throwing this out there for your consideration...

It very well could be. It's just puzzling that people bid over what the price is on cigarsInt dot com. I think some people compared the prices with their jacked up b&m prices and think their getting a heck of a deal anyway,

I usually bid early, I figured I would save money that way. Why is it better to wait? If it will save me money please teach me.

I usually bid early, I figured I would save money that way. Why is it better to wait? If it will save me money please teach me.

I wait to bid, because according to my rationale, all you are doing in the beginning is driving up the price. The auction is always going to end when scheduled so I just wait until the last possible second and determine whether or not I want it for that price. Obviously there are times where I don't want the item for the price it is at so I don't bid, but I also haven't created an bidding war only to drive up the price out of my price range, and sometimes it flys under the radar and you save some money.

Since my income was reduced I've gone back to Devil worshipping. Their storage has improved somewhat as well as the quality of their segundos/bundles.

As far as bidding early, sometimes it is wise to bid a day before the end if competition for the item is not fierce. You estimate the price it will likely not exceed. Also, it may allow you to use Autobid which makes any new bids of the same date go to non autobids first.

Since my income was reduced I've gone back to Devil worshipping. Their storage has improved somewhat as well as the quality of their segundos/bundles.

As far as bidding early, sometimes it is wise to bid a day before the end if competition for the item is not fierce. You estimate the price it will likely not exceed. Also, it may allow you to use Autobid which makes any new bids of the same date go to non autobids first.

That little Autobid icon can keep me away from going into a heated bid war for something I hope will come back next week, so that strategy works as well as waiting for the last minute. When I start to peruse the devils site, I run about 7-8 cigar webpages to constantly compare pricing to what is being offered.

That little Autobid icon can keep me away from going into a heated bid war for something I hope will come back next week, so that strategy works as well as waiting for the last minute. When I start to peruse the devils site, I run about 7-8 cigar webpages to constantly compare pricing to what is being offered.
Agreed! When bidding is fierce, especially on a single lot, last minute bids usually take it unless it gets bid too high. Even then, sometimes. But on a multiple-lot auction where interest is NOT high, the early bidder wins with lower bids. Not much lower - maybe $2 or $3. But when you are bidding on the "not-too-expensive" cigars, every dollar counts. :p

In the beginning of using Cbid I saved so much money winning auctions I ended up spending my paycheck. :p

Incoming from Cbid, should arrive 11/21/2012

5 - Perdomo Lot 23, 6.0" x 50 Toro 4.80/3.80 111012
10 - The Double Happiness Sampler includes: $91/$16
1 - 5 Vegas Triple-A Two-Headed Monster (10” x 48) $10
1 - Diesel Two-Headed Monster (10” x 48) $8
1 - Double Happiness Two-Headed Monster (10” x 48) $5
1 - Graycliff G2 Two-Headed Monster (10” x 48) $8 $5
1 - Graycliff Turbo Two-Headed Monster (10” x 48) $7
1 - Gurkha Blue Two-Headed Monster (10” x 48) $7
1 - Gurkha Red Two-Headed Monster (10” x 48) $7
1 - Man O’ War Two-Headed Monster (10” x 48) $6
1 - Man O’ War Ruination Two-Headed Monster (10” x 48) $16
1 - Padilla Achilles Two-Headed Monster (10” x 48) $20
20 Victor Sinclair 'A' Mega-Sampler Medley II includes: $19/$0.95ea
2 - Victor Sinclair Serie ’55’ Corojo ’A’ (8" x 50) 2.50/
2 - Victor Sinclair Serie ’55’ Oscuro ’A’ (8" x 50)2.50/
2 - Bohemian Red Corojo ’A’ (8" x 50)2.50/
2 - Bohemian Black Oscuro ’A’ (8" x 50)2.50/
2 - Bohemian Bamboo ’A’ (8" x 50)5.75/
2 - Victor Sinclair Connecticut Yankee ’A’ (8" x 50)2.75/
2 - Victor Sinclair Primeros ’A’ (8" x 50)2.75/
2 - Victor Sinclair Triple Corojo ’A’ (8" x 50)2.75/
2 - Victor Sinclair Vintage Select ’A’ (8" x 50)3/
2 - Victor Sinclair 10th Aniversario ’A’ (8" x 50)3/
10 The Alec Bradley Flight Sampler II includes: 35.75/$25
2 - Alec Bradley Family Blend VR1 (5.5" x 50)R94 6/
2 - Alec Bradley Harvest Selection '97 Robusto (5" x 50)R94 5.75/
2 - Alec Bradley MAXX Brazil Robusto (5" x 50)R91 7/
2 - Alec Bradley Prensado Robusto (5" x 50)R96 9/
2 - Alec Bradley Tempus Quadrum (5.5" x 55)R94 8/
12 The Gurkha Presidente Collection includes:70/19 1.58ea
2 - Gurkha Black Dragon Imperial Presidente (7" x 52)12/
2 - Gurkha Ancient Warrior S.E. Presidente (8.5" x 52)7/
2 - Gurkha Crest Churchill (7" x 52)9/
2 - Gurkha Viper Churchill (7.5" x 50) 5.50/
2 - Gurkha Special Ops Churchill (7.25" x 52)6/
2 - Gurkha Widow Maker Natural Churchill (7" x 52)15/
3 - Gurkha Louis XIII Robusto 6x50 Tubos 15/6.33
16The Victor Sinclair Flight Sampler No. 2 includes: $27/$14/$0.875ea
4 - Victor Sinclair 10th Anniversary (5" x 50) 2.50/
4 - Victor Sinclair Connecticut Yankee (5" x 50) 2.50/
4 - Victor Sinclair Primeros (5" x 50) 2.50/
4 - Victor Sinclair Triple Corojo (5" x 50) 2.50/
10 Padilla Dominus 5.0" x 50 Toro 8.40/2 $20

Do you think I have over done it again???