• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Celebration Cigars

I am sure this question has been asked many times over the years, but I am looking for a current cigar, and I dont know what might have recently come out that realy sparked someones interest.
....gee, I guess reading current threads and maybe even calling one of the many B&M's that post / advertise regularly here hadn't occured to you?

You're quick to ask for help, advice, sticks.....and repay the forums by asking for a commision for the same in return. PoorPuffer or RoguePuffer or whatever you call yourself this week, not only do you not get it, I doubt you ever will.

If you really want to clear the air, how about you STFU and try contributing, rather than asking for help and advice....??

A Tat J21 is a heck of a stick. Tough crowd in here. ???
You'd do well to read more and stick your foot up your own ass less. Just a suggestion......

No disrespect but I have been reading here for months. I just made a statement. From the rules I read that is allowed correct? I don't see where I stuck my foot up my ass.

Read this thread for some background:
http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=66547

I am sure this question has been asked many times over the years, but I am looking for a current cigar, and I dont know what might have recently come out that realy sparked someones interest.
....gee, I guess reading current threads and maybe even calling one of the many B&M's that post / advertise regularly here hadn't occured to you?

You're quick to ask for help, advice, sticks.....and repay the forums by asking for a commision for the same in return. PoorPuffer or RoguePuffer or whatever you call yourself this week, not only do you not get it, I doubt you ever will.

If you really want to clear the air, how about you STFU and try contributing, rather than asking for help and advice....??

A Tat J21 is a heck of a stick. Tough crowd in here. ???
You'd do well to read more and stick your foot up your own ass less. Just a suggestion......

No disrespect but I have been reading here for months. I just made a statement. From the rules I read that is allowed correct? I don't see where I stuck my foot up my ass.

Read this thread for some background:
http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=66547

Very interesting thread. RP was clearly wrong in what he did in that thread. I did see post #78 where he admits the mistake and said it would not happen again. I don't see this thread relating to that one at all. If he is not sincere it will show in the future.

I am just trying to move on and be a posative part of the community. I thought that asking a simple question from "The Internet's fiendliest & Most Knowledgeable Cigar Community" would not be an issue.

This is a community, and like any community you might not like everyone in it. People may even rub you the wrong way. BBS you sir threadjacking this topic and doing a disservice to your own community. I asked for peoples preferances of celebration cigars, no more, no less. If you dont have posative input on a simple thread then just stay out of it.

I am just trying to move on and be a posative part of the community. I thought that asking a simple question from "The Internet's fiendliest & Most Knowledgeable Cigar Community" would not be an issue.

This is a community, and like any community you might not like everyone in it. People may even rub you the wrong way. BBS you sir threadjacking this topic and doing a disservice to your own community. I asked for peoples preferances of celebration cigars, no more, no less. If you dont have posative input on a simple thread then just stay out of it.

Well let's be honest this thread really got hijacked when I said it read like a "mooch" thread.

Like B.B.S. Said there are many current threads of a similar nature, so those or talking to your B&M might have been a better place to start.

I am probably wasting my breath but do you even know what a community is? I accept the fact that no one can force you to leave or even make you stop posting. Just the same you need to understand that "we" aren't going away either and posting an inane topic soon after your most recent dust up probably wasn't the brightest idea. This "community" looks after itself and if you want to make it here (other than mooching cigars)then you should probably take a little hiatus from posting.

Very interesting thread. RP was clearly wrong in what he did in that thread. I did see post #78 where he admits the mistake and said it would not happen again. I don't see this thread relating to that one at all. If he is not sincere it will show in the future.
I don't have a problem with folks that have an opinion, as long as they are aware of ALL the facts.

Are you aware of the first name he registered under? Are you aware of all the past history that went on here?

Unless you can answer an unqualified "yes" to both those, you're voicing an opinion on a subject that you have no knowledge of. You've been a member for....how long now? Oh, that's right....less than a day...!! Do you really understand the dynamic and workings of this board?

I have no axe to grind with you but you really need to slow down and make sure you know everything that's in play before you comment.

Only a friendly suggestion - B.B.S.

If you knew what that was, a finders fee would not have been asked for. It was not a mistake. You were looking to make something off the community.

Now, onto the retirement party!!

:thumbs:

I don't have a problem with folks that have an opinion, as long as they are aware of ALL the facts.

Are you aware of the first name he registered under? Are you aware of all the past history that went on here?

Unless you can answer an unqualified "yes" to both those, you're voicing an opinion on a subject that you have no knowledge of. You've been a member for....how long now? Oh, that's right....less than a day...!! Do you really understand the dynamic and workings of this board?

I have no axe to grind with you but you really need to slow down and make sure you know everything that's in play before you comment.

I have no problem with you either. By reading the other thread I got some of the facts. This thread seems like a harmless question. It is clear from that other thead that you have strong feeling against him and they may be justified. Only time will tell if he is trying to change. It would have been alot easier if you just linked me to the other thread as BC did rather than telling me I was sticking my foot up my ass.

I have no problem with you either. By reading the other thread I got some of the facts. This thread seems like a harmless question. It is clear from that other thead that you have strong feeling against him and they may be justified. Only time will tell if he is trying to change. It would have been alot easier if you just linked me to the other thread as BC did rather than telling me I was sticking my foot up my ass.

This is the reason newer members are advised to keep out of things like this. You didn't know the whole story, so instead of that fact preventing you from posting you ignored it and posted your "tough crowd" comment. It is best to let people who know the whole story, like BBS, deal with this. Welcome to CP, I truly hope you enjoy your stay but please don't get involved in this sort of thing.

Ok so explain to me how it is that I am suposed to STFU and try contributing?

All the people that bitch and complain about searching the other threads, If you don't wan't to respond, then don't. as BBS says "STFU".
I don't care if you have a problem with me, and I do understand that this is a self moderating community. I am trying to learn from my mistakes.
I have seen time and time again, in many many threads, not my own. where the CP self appointed police give their grand sarcastic useless bitch posts, just because they dont like the way, someone that dosent have 35,000 posts, dosent read every other thread on the forum. WHO CARES! Let those who want to respond and help, respond. Those who don't, just dont type anything. I am sure if someone dosent get any responses to their question, they will either leave or search more on their own. Is it wrong for someone to ask the same question about an anejo shark that has been asked before? No because they might get a different awnser from someone else that did not awnser in a previous post.

Like B.B.S. Said there are many current threads of a similar nature, so those or talking to your B&M might have been a better place to start.

I am probably wasting my breath but do you even know what a community is? I accept the fact that no one can force you to leave or even make you stop posting. Just the same you need to understand that "we" aren't going away either and posting an inane topic soon after your most recent dust up probably wasn't the brightest idea. This "community" looks after itself and if you want to make it here (other than mooching cigars) then you should probably take a little hiatus from posting.

Unfortunatly, the information I have gained here on CP is far more information than my B&M has. My B&M is only lead by the distributors/pushers that want to stick cigars in their store. They are not knowledgeable cigar people, and thats exactly why I asked the question.

I have no need for a hiatus, I am sure that there are plenty of decent people on here that dont post like children that I can have plenty of conversations with. I am also sure that those who are making infantile posts will either give up, or just become a regular part of any post I make, so be it , I will have groupies :laugh:

While I understand the point you're trying to make, I think you're going about this the wrong way, RP. Some of the people who took issue with your 'finder's fee', are amongst the very best of this community. They're looking out for everyone else, and encouraging the generosity of information with their comments which is what brings all of us here, including you, as you admit above.
Take your lumps, and move in a positive direction. Instead of asking for things, try providing answers for a fellow newb who might need some help. That's what is meant by 'STFU and try contributing'. It cannot and should not be a one way street.
As for your 'groupies' remarks, I believe this won't work. It's hard to make friends with someone who degrades those you respect, calling them infantile, etc. We're one community, RP. I'm sure deep down you'd like nothing more than to make peace. Put your pride aside for a minute, admit the mistake you made, and prove your commitment towards being something more than a parasite to the knowledge base of CP. It won't be easy, but it will be far more rewarding than the flameout you're headed towards.
Just my point of view, take it or leave it.

I have no need for a hiatus, I am sure that there are plenty of decent people on here that dont post like children that I can have plenty of conversations with. I am also sure that those who are making infantile posts will either give up, or just become a regular part of any post I make, so be it , I will have groupies :laugh:
If you think someone posts like an infantile child, perhaps you should deal with it directly rather than insult the entire forum. Just a thought.

Oh, and while you think you know far more than the poor folks at the B&M, I'll bet they didn't charge you a finders fee for their opinion. Another thought.....

I had a more complete reply in mind but I'm sure you'd have thought it was another "grand sarcastic usless bitch post" so honestly, I give up.

I don't have 35,000 posts either. I still learn here, every day. Hopefully, someday, somehow, you'll figure it out or go away. Either works.

B.B.S.

All the people that bitch and complain about searching the other threads, If you don't wan't to respond, then don't. as BBS says "STFU".
I don't care if you have a problem with me, and I do understand that this is a self moderating community. I am trying to learn from my mistakes.
I have seen time and time again, in many many threads, not my own. where the CP self appointed police give their grand sarcastic useless bitch posts, just because they dont like the way, someone that dosent have 35,000 posts, dosent read every other thread on the forum. WHO CARES! Let those who want to respond and help, respond. Those who don't, just dont type anything. I am sure if someone dosent get any responses to their question, they will either leave or search more on their own. Is it wrong for someone to ask the same question about an anejo shark that has been asked before? No because they might get a different awnser from someone else that did not awnser in a previous post.

Unfortunatly, the information I have gained here on CP is far more information than my B&M has. My B&M is only lead by the distributors/pushers that want to stick cigars in their store. They are not knowledgeable cigar people, and thats exactly why I asked the question.

I hate to say this RP, but you need to learn some people skills. Instead of trying to stroke your ego and trying to get in the last word. Why don't you learn what a man would do. Its to take the "High Road." What do I mean by this? A simple thing really...learn to know when to speak up and know when to shut up. Instead of saying things like the above 2 posts you should LEARN to get along with the membership. If you piss enough people off, you will get banned. But also remember that when you do take shots like this at members, its like a slow cancer on what you can get out of the community. People will get sick of you and you will lose the "perks" that come from being a member of good standing. You have dug a nice hole for yourself by many comments you've made recently. The best thing you can do is to learn control of your ego, pride or whatever you want to call it and keep your tongue in check.

People like me in the community will not say a thing so you have no idea how many bridges you've burned already. In short, you should care if you are not liked or not. Naturally not everyone will get a long nor is it expected that everyone will like you. But you shouldn't need to throw more gasoline on the fire when you can easily put out the flames by controlling how you act/react around members.

I hate to say this RP, but you need to learn some people skills. Instead of trying to stroke your ego and trying to get in the last word. Why don't you learn what a man would do. Its to take the "High Road." What do I mean by this? A simple thing really...learn to know when to speak up and know when to shut up. Instead of saying things like the above 2 posts you should LEARN to get along with the membership. If you piss enough people off, you will get banned. But also remember that when you do take shots like this at members, its like a slow cancer on what you can get out of the community. People will get sick of you and you will lose the "perks" that come from being a member of good standing. You have dug a nice hole for yourself by many comments you've made recently. The best thing you can do is to learn control of your ego, pride or whatever you want to call it and keep your tongue in check.

People like me in the community will not say a thing so you have no idea how many bridges you've burned already. In short, you should care if you are not liked or not. Naturally not everyone will get a long nor is it expected that everyone will like you. But you shouldn't need to throw more gasoline on the fire when you can easily put out the flames by controlling how you act/react around members.

Thank for a well thought out and well stated response. I agree with the gasoline on the fire, I can handle a direct conversation just fine, I do however have issues with the games. My broadness of fingerpointing was dues to a lack of time to confront each and every individual I had issue with. I will however take the direct approach from now on. I appreciate that you are speaking up, it is much easier to respond when you are being spoken to, not spoken or yelled at.

BBS Back off. You specificaly said to start contributing and so I did. I made a nice clean informational post about a new cigar and you disrespected the very thing you asked me to do by your post. I respectfully request that you edit that post to either blank, or something constructive, and I will change my response post as well, which will leave that thread as posative and informational as it can be. When I first came to CP I found your posts to be full of information and I really liked your opinions. Lets take it back to civility.

BBS Back off. You specificaly said to start contributing and so I did. I made a nice clean informational post about a new cigar and you disrespected the very thing you asked me to do by your post. I respectfully request that you edit that post to either blank, or something constructive, and I will change my response post as well, which will leave that thread as posative and informational as it can be. When I first came to CP I found your posts to be full of information and I really liked your opinions. Lets take it back to civility.

We don't delete posts here, and we don't edit out what we say. We preserve it for future references, and so hot shot new guys can learn from the mistakes of others in the past. You have not earned the right here to tell guys like BBS (who has earned the right to watch out for this board) to change or edit a damn thing. Tom has earned the right here to speak up through his years of time here, and by his great actions of generosity, and by watching out for the best interests of this community. You have dug yourself a hole here, and you will be hounded for a while. How you react to that, and move forward, will tell me more about your character than your previous missteps. Almost everyone of us here has stepped in it at some point, but how we've handled ourselves afterwords determines how we fit into this community. Those that want to make smartass comments, and fight often end up banned or ostracized. Those of us that work hard at contributing, and becoming productive members enjoy the benefits and the brotherhood of this community. BBS's standing here is well established, yours is not. You want to keep picking the fight with him, guys are going to pick a side. Guess who's side they will choose?

Backing off isn't going to happen, but a return to civility would be a good start.

Try this - how about a genuine, sincere apology to the board as a whole for your act of greed? People come here every day and share information freely; that's how we all learn. Turning the folks on to your source would have been appreciated; asking for a commision is absolute crap and goes against everything this board stands for.

I KNOW you have benefitted personally due to generosity of other board members. That you would turn around and ask for a commision on a sale is disgusting, and disrespectful to the entire forum.

You dug this hole, all by yourself.

B.B.S.

BBS Back off. You specifically said to start contributing and so I did. I made a nice clean informational post about a new cigar and you disrespected the very thing you asked me to do by your post. I respectfully request that you edit that post to either blank, or something constructive, and I will change my response post as well, which will leave that thread as positive and informational as it can be. When I first came to CP I found your posts to be full of information and I really liked your opinions. Lets take it back to civility.

That comment alone shows me how little you grasp the situation at hand.