• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Celebratory Stick

sirsmokes-a-lot

My wife and I are having our first child on friday, and I just wanted to get some ideas on a celebratory smoke. I havent had the opportunity to try a lot of different things yet, so there hasnt been anything that has really blown me away so far. I just wanted to get some suggestions on what I could pick up at the local shop (single stick) that you guys would think that I would really enjoy. I did like the Joya de Nicaragua that I had, but I also have liked more mild smokes... Any suggestions would be great.

P.S. Not trying to mooch, just looking for suggestions.

Congrats! I contemplated this for a while before our son was born early Easter Sunday. My perspective changed the moment he came in to this world. That next smoke while you sit back and contemplate how your life has changed will be among the best in your life. My suggestion is to smoke a stick you've had and know you will enjoy. The cigar is pretty insignifcant to the moment, by going the $/HTF route you risk detracting from the experience if it turns out not to suit your tastes.

<edit to add> After re-reading your post perhaps there's not a single stick with which you've had a lot of experience. In the event your not entirely sure with what you like, the Davidoff No.2 is a mild high end stick I enjoyed when starting out.

Congratulations on the the baby first of all, hope nothing but the best for you and the family. Secondly, the cigar... I smoked a Viaje Platino yesterday and loved it. It was more towards the med. body smoke. If not, you can't go wrong with a AF Art of Works Natural.

Congrats! I contemplated this for a while before our son was born early Easter Sunday. My perspective changed the moment he came in to this world. That next smoke while you sit back and contemplate how your life has changed will be among the best in your life. My suggestion is to smoke a stick you've had and know you will enjoy. The cigar is pretty insignifcant to the moment, by going the $/HTF route you risk detracting from the experience if it turns out not to suit your tastes.

Great advice actually, I take back what I said! Smoke what you know you'll enjoy. Again, congrats pal.

You just about can't go wrong with any Fuente except the Curly Head. Congratulations and I wish you the very best. Children chage things quite a bit, but enjoy their lives and time they are with you. Time will fly by. It is not the same once they are grown and gone.

Congratulations on the baby!!!! i have a year and half year old RUNNING all over me there's nothing quite like it, I wouldnt trade it for anything in the world. I second the opinion on go ing with what you know, but if you want something different give a Pepin Cuban Classic a shot, cant go wrong.

Anything in the Padron 1926 or 1964 line would be great. Expensive enough to be considered special, but still affordable enough to find at almost any B&M. These are, at least in my opinion, as good as any premium cigar out there.

I agree with all of the above. But if you are certain you want it to be a premium smoke that you just don't get to smoke all the time, I'd say definitely go for the Padron anniversaries. You say mild... so maybe the 1964 Exclusivo Natural wrapper might be the way to go for you, or whichever vitola you prefer. Maybe a larger one would be more "celebratory." :) It'll only cost you about 10 bucks or so.

Or you could go for the 1926 natural wrapper...

Those are smokes that just don't disappoint anyone under the sun, and they add a bit of the special occasion feel to it, more so than puffing down a Fuente King B or something.

Congrats to you and your wife!

Have to agree with several here with the Padron Anniversary series, I haven't had one that I didn't enjoy and they are generally easy to come by.

Ken

Congrats to you and your wife!

Have to agree with several here with the Padron Anniversary series, I haven't had one that I didn't enjoy and they are generally easy to come by.

Ken

I'm with you Ken. :thumbs:

Padron 40th and/or 80th Maduro. The 80th is without question the most fantastic cigar I've ever had and to my knowledge the 40th is a similar blend, though I've never had one.

Congrats, now prepare for a life of little sleep ;)
I would have to agree with previous posts. Davidoff, if the local B&M has it buy it, easy smooth, mild tasty smoke. Otherwise Padron 40 or 80.

Thanks for all the replies. I think the padron sounds pretty good. I will try and pick one up today.

Oh yeah on the Padron. You cant go wrong there. My fav is the 1926 #6 Maddie. What a great smoke

Art

Oh yeah and a big CONGRATs to you and the fam.

Padron 40th and/or 80th Maduro. The 80th is without question the most fantastic cigar I've ever had and to my knowledge the 40th is a similar blend, though I've never had one.

The 40th, the 80th and the 1926s are all the same blend.

I would suggest a Padron 1926 which is NOT an "Anniversary" as someone previously mentioned. The Padron 1964 are the "Anniversary" and while they're good, I think the 1926s are far superior.

I think even if you've never smoked a 1926 before sirsmokes, you'll thoroughly enjoy it. Grab any size you can, but I would suggest the #1 or the #9. If you feel like spending more money than you should, get the fancy shaped 40th or 80th.

I'd also suggest a Davidoff Millennium or an Opus X.

I have to say so far, the maduro 1926 padron #9 was the best smoke ever. Hands down. Still haven't smoked the 80th anni maduro, but I'm sure that's a mind blower.