• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Celebratory Stick

Flushnutz

I am saving one of these sticks for when I graduate law school in Dec. The other I have decided to smoke tonight in Celebration of the Lakers wining their 15th Championship. (Been a huge lakers fan since 1985) Obviously my graduation is the more rare occurance so which would you save for Dec and which would smoke tonight?

TIA

Dennis

I've had both - frankly I enjoyed the Don Carlos AnniverXario better. I actually liked the Padron 26 better than the Padron 26 80th - but that's just me. Have fun.

John

I've smoked both of these recently. The Padron for my daughters 1st birthday was excellent. Tasty smooth exactly what you would expect from a very high end Padron. 2 days later I smoked a DC EdA I believe it was the double robusto. I thought it was a terrible stick. I'm pissed I spent the money on it. I found it so bad that I didn't even get halfway through it. I found it strange because I like Opus, Anejo, GOF etc. and most people are very fond of these.

Based on my experience you can't go wrong with the Padron 80th. That being said I would try both and hopefully you'll have better luck with the DC EdA.

Everyone's tastes are different, but I don't like either stick and I'm a through and through Padron whore. Like jayro, the last DCdA I smoked, I chunked not even half way through it. I've been pretty disappointed with the majority of the high dollar sticks that I've smoked.

Dennis,
I've been disappointed with the last few 80ths I smoked. The ones that originally came out were very good upon release, then they just don't seem to taste the same.

The DCA's I have had, have been very nice though...............Worth the green is debatable though.

Form your own opinion and just grab what feels right that day though.

I was also dissapointed with the 80th I had. That DC is a special stick, for a special occasion. Even if it sucks it will be better than the 80th.

I have several of each but I've only smoked one of each. Each of them was a fantastic experience. Tough call! I'd probably smoke the 80th now and the DC EdA later because it'll be colder out and (assuming you don't smoke indoors) the DC would likely be a shorter smoke. The 80th burned a long time for me. Of course if you smoke indoors, this is all moot.

Dennis,
I've been disappointed with the last few 80ths I smoked. The ones that originally came out were very good upon release, then they just don't seem to taste the same.

The DCA's I have had, have been very nice though...............Worth the green is debatable though.

Form your own opinion and just grab what feels right that day though.

Eh... What do you know about tasting cigars John? :laugh:

You're not celebrating with ACIDs? :laugh:

Well I could celebrate never smoking an acid again.

Thanks for all the replies. Maybe I will just go with a Sir Winston tonight and save both the DCA and 80th for graduation. That way if I don't like the first one I can chuck it for the other.

Just to add to your confusion, I've smoked both sticks and really enjoyed them both. I think the 80th is good, but not worth the price considering I don't find it that much different than the other 1926's. The DCA however, I thought was excellent and well worth the price. Part of it may also depend on your smoking tastes right now. What are the last few cigars you've reached for? Nic? Dominican? Padron? Fuente? Go with what your tastes are currently telling you, and you are less likely to be disappointed.

Then again, I may the only weirdo that goes through phases where I crave one manufacturer or taste profile.

I'm smoking a holy lance tonight to celebrate the Lakers victory, because holy crap I'm glad basketball season is over. And I'm bringing a bundle of Cherry Bombs to your graduation.

Every 80th I've ever had the pleasure of smoking was a wonderful, sublime, flawlessly constructed, incredibly complex cigar. One of my "go to" special occasion sticks. Never had a bad one, and I've smoked several.

One guy's opinion - B.B.S.

Smoke them both tonight. That gives you the chance to see which one you like better and you can always get another before December. :whistling;

I prefer the Padron 80th to the DCA, but I prefer Padron's flavor profiile to just about anything. The DCA is a very nice smoke, but it's stronger than one thinks. It really sneaks up on you.

I agree with John in that the very early 80ths are better than the later. I'm also done with what I've had on hand and I'm not sure I'm buying more unless the price comes down. Since that's not likely to happen, I'm probably done with them. The 1926 No. 6 or No. 9 are tasting just as good to me.

I thinking I am just going to grab what strikes my fancy after dinner. Thanks every for your input.

I decided to go with the 80 years and I did not care for it at all. I smoked about 1/3 before I put it out and had a Mag 46. The Mag was very good and I imagine it would be even better with some age. (it was from May 08)

Thanks Again

Dennis