• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cello Then and Now, What Changed?

Rope a Dope

When researching what is preferred when it comes to cello, I came by two threads on here. One from 20 years ago, and the other from last year. In the former, it was almost unanimous that you remove the cello. In the latter, it was the other way around. Why did the advice on cello change so drastically? Is it because there is a better understanding of what cellophane is and does, or did cellophane actually change?

I remember that debate back in the day. But then we used to debate things ad-nauseum back then.

I remember it being "if it comes in cello, leave it in cello; if it comes naked, leave it naked"

I think brighter minds prevailed. Who wants to unwrap every cello cigar they ever get?

I remember that debate back in the day. But then we used to debate things ad-nauseum back then.

I remember it being "if it comes in cello, leave it in cello; if it comes naked, leave it naked"

From what I was reading. The large majority of the forum members were saying to take the cello off so it ages faster and better.

From what I was reading. The large majority of the forum members were saying to take the cello off so it ages faster and better.
Yeah, I remember that we discussed that as if it were national security and the general consensus was that cello breaths, so leave it.

I also install one-way mirror glass on all my glasstop humidors, so my cigars don't see that I am staring at them.
Since one-way mirrors allows the dark side to watch the light side, I think your cigars are staring at you saying "do you feel lucky ... punk"😁

Wow!

That was an incredible read!

A few banned people, a couple that have pass away, and lots and lots of thoughts.
Yeah I read half of it and had to give up. But I saw a bunch of people were taking advantage of others. Pretty crazy. Was the cello really shellacked? That’s nuts haha

Lots of misinformation on here. Do what you want. If they come in Cello either take it off or leave it on. If they don't come in Cello then either save old ones and put it on or leave it off..

Lots of misinformation on here. Do what you want. If they come in Cello either take it off or leave it on. If they don't come in Cello then either save old ones and put it on or leave it off..
Yeah I just leave it how it comes. I assume the cigar brand knows what they are doing when they put them in the cello so who am I to change what they did