• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cellos on or off?

diapanos

Banned
|B┘Ñ$ |╩1`t<b{ûº ¬jXævo2☻ÌMÜ+╝ ○xþ♫b]☺¹X└AoÙ↔█Á╔%Û¶↔║ÑÍ÷Þã q├¦½ªcc®®k♣«µ☺

Dear god...really?  You really need to ask?  This question has been answered half a billion times......

Prepare to be loved tenderly, diapanos.

My preference. Leave them on singles especially in a mixed humidor. Keeps the sticks from picking up wayward essences.

Long term aging in cabs, remove them.

Medium term aging in dress boxes, I don't think it matters.

facepalm.jpg

BlindedByScience said:
Dear god...really?  You really need to ask?  This question has been answered half a billion times......

******************************************************************************************
Backslide said:

*******************************************************************************************

diapanos said:

As it says in the 1st post I'm not asking dor advice.
I was just wondering what others were doing.

Maybe if you actually took a minute and searched on the topic, you'd find out.  No need to be a dick about it.

diapanos said:

As it says in the 1st post I am not asking for advice.
I was just wondering what every vody else was doing.

Maybe if you actually took a minute and searched on the topic, you'd find out.  No need to be a dick about it.  Oh, and spell check that mess before you post.

If the cigars I order come with cello, I take it off. I save the cello wrappers to put on the cigars I order that come without. 

I roll the cello down to "tube sock" height on my cigars, but some aficionados prefer the "crew length" roll instead.

What is often missed in the discussions about cell on/ off and humidor management techniques is making sure you rotate your inventory. I turn each cigar 15 degrees counterclockwise every other Tuesday of every month. This way they complete a full 360 degree turn annually.

MilesMingusMonk said:
I roll the cello down to "tube sock" height on my cigars, but some aficionados prefer the "crew length" roll instead.

What is often missed in the discussions about cell on/ off and humidor management techniques is making sure you rotate your inventory. I turn each cigar 15 degrees counterclockwise every other Tuesday of every month. This way they complete a full 360 degree turn annually.
I rotate on the same schedule except I rotate the cigar only, the cello has to stay in place so that the same side always points up and allows for maximum temperature permeability.

I'll bet you guys don't even bother to take lattitude and longitude into account, do you..??

....amateurs.

Dear lord, I've lived long enough to see this question again. However, don't forget about the time zones and daylight savings time. Changes the whole quadratic equation.

MilesMingusMonk said:

Question - In September there are 5 Tuesdays. I assume you rotate on the 1st, 15th, and then 29th. When October comes, do you rotate on the 6th, since it's the first Tuesday of the month, or on the 13th, sticking to the every-other-Tuesday schedule?

I'll hang up and listen.

tomthirtysix said:
If the cigars I order come with cello, I take it off. I save the cello wrappers to put on the cigars I order that come without. 

This just made me LOL :laugh: :laugh:

BlindedByScience said:
I'll bet you guys don't even bother to take lattitude and longitude into account, do you..??

....amateurs.
I have covered this a million times, but if these nooblets are not motivated to spend more time reading through the archives instead of posting a new topic every time they get twitchy about their humidors, then I guess I will explain it again!

I stack all my cigars Jenga style. The stack gets rotated 45 degrees every other month, and for long term storage, they are restacked bi-annually so their flavors can marry blissfully.

tomthirtysix said:

Question - In September there are 5 Tuesdays. I assume you rotate on the 1st, 15th, and then 29th. When October comes, do you rotate on the 6th, since it's the first Tuesday of the month, or on the 13th, sticking to the every-other-Tuesday schedule?

I'll hang up and listen.
I don't use a traditional Gregorian calendar, T362Cents. I use a menstrual cycle calendar, which requires more fussing and periodic monitoring.

MilesMingusMonk said:

I don't use a traditional Gregorian calendar, T362Cents. I use a menstrual cycle calendar, which requires more fussing and periodic monitoring.

Pads or tampons?