• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cellular Service Plans

First of all if you already have the phone you can activate it but ONLY on the network your buddy had. The phones are custom made to work on one network only.

Second of all AT&T has a great deal for a free phone to start out. I am familiar with this because I have AT&T service.

http://www.attwireless.com/personal/produc...2&titleNumber=1

This is the deal you want if you go with AT&T. This phone has all the bells and whistles except a camera and is TDMA (AT&Ts GSM network is not well developed yet). They have a $30 a month deal that gives you 250 daytime minutes in your calling area and unlimited N&W and free long distance. This is the deal I have.

Hey remember if you decide to go with AT&T don't forget to tell 'em I sent ya!! I know I get some $$, you might too.

i heard verizon has the best coverage.

can you hear me now?

oh, if you decided to pick a plan, make sure that is the one you want, b/c if you bail, you pay a hefty fine.

also, if yo ustay on for a year, generally you can negotiate to a better deal, ie better phone for free.

With Verizon, you can move your plan anytime you want, up, down, forward or back. There is no penalty for this at all. This was a good selling tool for me to offer those who have never had a cell phone before.That way you dont start out with more minutes than you'll use. Just watch your first months usage and after the first bill cycle you can start adjusting your plan to fit your needs. I personaly would stay away from GSM service cause its way to young in are country to now where its going and TDMA is just been nothing but trouble in my service area for Cingular.
(They meaning Cingular, will be going back to CDMA which is were Ameritec was going with it before the buy out! And With Verizon being controled by Votafone in Europe, CDMA is the place to be!!

Go with Verizon, I'm sure you'll be happy with them.

I like Verizon.

My wife and I have used a few other providers in the past but have been with Verizon for about two years now. We both have a phone and pay about $70/ month total. Of course you could pay less but we get all kinds of minutes that only one of us will ever attempt to use (hmmm...I wonder which one of us that could be). We also get unlimited minutes between our two phones and a call is not long distance unless it is out of state. We also get great reception with Verizon which wasn't the case with TMobile and Voicestream.

Hope that helps.

AAAAGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!! My head hurts. :p Hey thanks guys for all the advice, I will probably go with the Verizon deal, or AT&T since they seem pretty good in my area. :thumbs:

LMAO

Everyone seems to have a diff opinion, just beware the shop in the mall that will sell you the phone but the phone won't work untill you get outside. Those shops sell phones w/bad service.

Good Luck!!!

Phil

I am a T-Mobile user.

Had Verizon and AT&T before, cancelled with Verizon because customer service tried to nickel dime me.

Reasons I like T-Mobile,

Landline like quality in service areas. California is covered quite well so you wont have a problem.

Great phone selection

GSM, I can buy my own phones and all that other jazz

International use

Great rates on Minutes, Text Messaging, and Wireless Data (I send about 300 text messages a month, and often hook my phone up to my laptop)

Lastly, awesome customer service

Give them a try, like with everyone else you have 14 days to try it out, if you dont like it, you can cancel within those 14days no questions asked.

STYX&STONED said:
With Verizon, you can move your plan anytime you want, up, down, forward or back. There is no penalty for this at all. This was a good selling tool for me to offer those who have never had a cell phone before.That way you dont start out with more minutes than you'll use. Just watch your first months usage and after the first bill cycle you can start adjusting your plan to fit your needs. I personaly would stay away from GSM service cause its way to young in are country to now where its going and TDMA is just been nothing but trouble in my service area for Cingular.
(They meaning Cingular, will be going back to CDMA which is were Ameritec was going with it before the buy out! And With Verizon being controled by Votafone in Europe, CDMA is the place to be!!
I think I should add that the whole switching thing is common to all carriers. As long as you maintain service with them you can change it as much as you want, though many free phone deals come with a caveat that you have to keep a service level that is 29.99 or more.

Not a bad price at all. My sprint contract didn't come with free wireless web, it was $5 a month. And remember, *2 - "dropped call credit" is your friend. Limit 20 a month. Depending on where you live, you may need them.