• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Central Florida Herf

Smokin'Sims

Gettin' my nerd on, Hopp Schwiez!
I recently (as in five days ago) moved into Gainesville and am looking to start a monthly get together for central Florida. I'm willing to drive down to Tampa or Orlando areas to get this going. Any ideas on where and times are appreciated. My first thought is sitting on the pier in Tampa for a fishing herf. I'm looking to get this going mid to late August.

I'm bumping this thread due to the recent discussions about an Orlando herf. Lets put some dates out for availability in February. All Sundays except the 17th work for me. Saturdays are a bit more sporadic. I'd rather not make a late night drive on a Friday evening.

I doubt I'll be back in FL until around Feb 24th. I'm trying to get there sooner but its not looking good right now.

Any location is fine with me. 

I'm not sure what a fishing herf is but if it involves having to look at dead or dying fish, or fish guts, you might want to remind me to bring a bucket or something :D

I cant even eat fish or seafood, never mind seeing it wriggling around on the end of a fishing line 

MidAtlantic said:

I'm not sure what a fishing herf is but if it involves having to look at dead or dying fish, or fish guts, you might want to remind me to bring a bucket or something :D

You don't need a bucket. Let it go over the railing, and call it chum.

I'm thinking downtown Corona for the first one.

I'm down for that but I leave for Colorado on the 23rd. I haven't been to the downtown Corona so now is a great time to give it a shot. I'm a little bit more flexible during the week, evenings, but I'm sure I could make some weekends work. Just let me know what day you were thinking.

Feb. 20th Drew Estate happy hour from 5-7 at the Sand Lake Corona. Any takers?

Looks like we may have to have two herfs. Are you going to overlap with MidA when you get back?

Smokin'Sims said:
Looks like we may have to have two herfs. Are you going to overlap with MidA when you get back?
What do you mean overlap? the drew estate event is on feb. 20th. MidA gets back on the 19th.

I arrive on the evening of the 19th, then I'm free the next day (apart from going to get a Florida ID card from somewhere in Kissimmee), so I'm fine for 5-7 (or earlier/later) and Sand Lake.

I'd give you my cellphone number, but I dont know what it is. I bought one of those Go phones from AT&T before I left Orlando last week, but I left it in my condo (they dont work in the UK) but I forgot to take a note of the number. Duh.

You can always email me or send me a message here if your plans change or whatever. As I said, I'm more or less free that day. 

I can't make that. I'd have to leave work 2 hours early to make it by 5 and then 2 more hours back. That is the reason I prefer weekends. Have fun you guys. PM Donzz in case he doesn't see this thread.

MichaelB said:
What do you mean overlap? the drew estate event is on feb. 20th. MidA gets back on the 19th.
I hadn't refreshed the page on my phone as I had to pause to deal with work. When I wrote that I was under the impression he wouldn't be back until the 23rd.

Smokin'Sims said:
I can't make that. I'd have to leave work 2 hours early to make it by 5 and then 2 more hours back. That is the reason I prefer weekends. Have fun you guys. PM Donzz in case he doesn't see this thread.
I hadn't refreshed the page on my phone as I had to pause to deal with work. When I wrote that I was under the impression he wouldn't be back until the 23rd.

Got it! Sorry you can't make it, I forgot that you're in Gainsville, that would make sense why you would want to do weekends :). If I miss something while I'm out of town then I will get with you when I'm back to try and do something in March. There's always The Great Smoke on Feb 16th. :) but that's a drive down to west palm and its $165 a person

Last minute I know, but Joe (SeriousStoogie) is going to be in Orlando tomorrow. So herfing at 5pm at the west sand lake Corona tomorrow April 14, 2012.