• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Chateau Jfields

Nice_Ashh

I was recently gifted a bottle of Chateau Jfields by the mad bomber himself. Here is my very unprofessional review for your pleasure:

Well, I got into the bottle of Chateau Jfields Black Currant on Friday evening as I had hoped. At first pour, I was surprised by the light color. After giving it a good swirl, the most prominent smell I picked up was the alcohol, and just a hint of the black currant. I gave it a taste, and the taste matched the first smell...heavy on the alcohol, and a hint of currant. So, I decided to decant, and revisit it on Saturday.

Saturday was a completely different story. On the nose, I still picked up the currant as the strongest smell, however, I also picked up hints of strawberry and cranberry, and the alcohol smell was almost gone.

The taste on Saturday was very nice. It was heavy on the black currant, but I was picking up very subtle flavors as well. I tasted the cranberry that I smelled, and there was another flavor in there that I picked up, but was having trouble identifying. It was one I had tasted before, but could not place. After about an hour after I finished my glass, it hit me what the flavor was. It was strawberry-rhubarb (mixed like it was in a pie).

Overall, it was probably the best home made wine I have tasted to date. Very complex flavors, which is rare in a home made (in my experience with them). On my scale of home mades, I would rate it a 90-91 (I tend to rate home made wines on a different scale than the vineyard releases). On the full scale of tasting (including the vineyards) I would rate it in the 85-86 range.

Thanks John :thumbs:

Thank you. Your review is too kind. The wine does have a alcohol content around 14%. I'm glad you enjoyed this wine as much as I do. Hope that the Luna Rossa ends up being another hit. :thumbs:

Congrats jfields, sounds like you did a wonderful job with that wine.