• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cheap PC parts....pay for shipping.

BlindedByScience

Proud Father of a Kearney, NE LEO
Staff member
Guys - the wife's PC died over the weekend, due to a fan fail on one of the motherboard chips (north bridge, actually). It's toast, and I built her a new machine. I got some reuse out of some parts, but her old P4 machine uses "old school" memory and had an AGP video card.

It just so happens that the video card is a darn nice AGP card; it's a BFG 7800 OC and is one of the last, fast, AGP cards made. It's in almost perfect condition, and the fan runs smooth and quiet.

Also, I have two pairs of great DDR memory, it's Mushkin HP3200 (as I recall) and each pair is 2, 512MB sticks. Install all four (which is what I had) and you have 2GB of RAM.

I'd rather someone get some use out of this hardware than have it sit in my garage in the "boneyard". If you've got an older P4 generation machine, this might make for a pretty cool upgrade.

So, let's try this - if you could use this stuff and would be willing to cover shipping ($5-10.00 depending), it's yours. If you'd like to throw me a few sticks, so much the better but that's up to you and NOT a requirement.

Cheers, guys - B.B.S.

I almost pulled the trigger on a 5870 the other day and here you are talking about a 7800 :laugh:
Just mod it to fit a TI-84 :sign:

I almost pulled the trigger on a 5870 the other day and here you are talking about a 7800
laugh.gif

Just mod it to fit a TI-84
sign.gif
....I slipped my GT260 out for the wife's new machine, and slid a 5850 into the mothership.....
wink.gif

As an aside (if you don't find anyone to ship it to here) I use FreeCycle for this myself. Lots of people who want my older stuff and are close by and willing to come get it from me. Works pretty well.

Mike.

As an aside (if you don't find anyone to ship it to here) I use FreeCycle for this myself. Lots of people who want my older stuff and are close by and willing to come get it from me. Works pretty well.

Mike.
Good idea, but if it comes down to giving it away, I use Free Geek. It's a local bunch and they do good work.

They are usually pretty happy to see me; I have pretty cool computer junk......
tongue.gif

Tom,

I could use the memory for a little project I have. Lemme know what you want for it.

Also, I have two pairs of great DDR memory, it's Mushkin HP3200 (as I recall) and each pair is 2, 512MB sticks. Install all four (which is what I had) and you have 2GB of RAM.
Cheers, guys - B.B.S.

Tom,

I could use the memory for a little project I have. Lemme know what you want for it.

Cheers, guys - B.B.S.

I'll put the Video Card to good use, well if you consider a five year old's computer good use.

Tom,

Cheers, guys - B.B.S.

Tom,

Cheers, guys - B.B.S.

I'll put the Video Card to good use, well if you consider a five year old's computer good use.
....excellent! I'd rather that it get put to good use than occupy the garage "boneyard" so this is great...!!

AVB - I'll bet the shipping on the memory will be about five bucks. Matt - I'll bet the card's shipping will be about ten bucks. We will be out for the afternoon but when I get back tonight, I'll check your addy's and get it out to you. Semd me some sticks that cover the shipping and whatever else it's worth to you and all is well....
thumbs-up.gif