• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CHENMAN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the hell is wrong here. So what that he posts a lot? Quite a few of his posts are useful unlike most of us when we first joined and just said "Welcome" to every new intro post. You don't like it, don't read it. He's not instigating anything, he's writing reviews, being active and some of you have a problem with him being TOO active? Grow up.

His posts are useful? He has made posts where he didn't even know he was at CP, and said something about FOH, where he posts aimlessly as well. Or even when he didn't read an entire thread, and said welcome, after he was banned. That's quite useful to have around. Maybe this should have been posted in the review forum, maybe then he would have seen it, cause it would be his next thread to bump.

His posts are useful? He has made posts where he didn't even know he was at CP, and said something about FOH, where he posts aimlessly as well. Or even when he didn't read an entire thread, and said welcome, after he was banned. That's quite useful to have around. Maybe this should have been posted in the review forum, maybe then he would have seen it, cause it would be his next thread to bump.

So he made a mistake. He spends more time on FOH, so what? What's with all the baiting. You going after Bsneed1 today because he's got 61 posts already?

So he made a mistake. He spends more time on FOH, so what? What's with all the baiting. You going after Bsneed1 today because he's got 61 posts already?
No, because Bsneed posted that many times yesterday, as a joke to race chenman and have more posts than him. And I don't think he really spends time anywhere. He comes here for 30 minutes, machine guns posts at everything he can find. Then goes to FOH, machine gun posts there for a while. Then he is done for the day. I just may see it a little differently. We can agree to disagree on this one I guess...

No, because Bsneed posted that many times yesterday, as a joke to race chenman and have more posts than him. And I don't think he really spends time anywhere. He comes here for 30 minutes, machine guns posts at everything he can find. Then goes to FOH, machine gun posts there for a while. Then he is done for the day. I just may see it a little differently. We can agree to disagree on this one I guess...

Yes we can. Thank God you weren't here policing the boards when I first joined. Reminds me of the kid in elementary who kept raising his hands to tell the teacher that little Johnny was talking again.

Yeah like all the guys here when you first joined wouldn't give a shit. Way to take the high road there bro.

Yeah like all the guys here when you first joined wouldn't give a shit. Way to take the high road there bro.

You see any of them raising a voice in support of you? The biggest thing that pisses me off about this thread is that I'm actually in agreement with JHolmes.

Your right. It's apparent that on a Saturday when no one is around, and this conversation has been going on for 10 minutes, that everyone disagrees with me cause they are not here yet.

Maybe this is similar to this situation? http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=46376&view=findpost&p=681903

The fact your in agreement with JHolmes should be your first clue. :laugh:

You see any of them raising a voice in support of you? The biggest thing that pisses me off about this thread is that I'm actually in agreement with JHolmes.

I was thinking the same thing!
sign.gif

So, Rod posted some 'read more, post less' stuff a while back(in the throws of the newbie invasion).
Theses new folks really should read the 'newbie intro' info.

I'd take the middle road on this...you're both right!
laugh.gif

If the guy was PM'd about these things(which I believe he was)...and continued on his merry way...well, the call out is just.

HELL, I get whacked nowadays for posting pics.
whistling.gif

Your right. It's apparent that on a Saturday when no one is around, and this conversation has been going on for 10 minutes, that everyone disagrees with me cause they are not here yet.

Maybe this is similar to this situation? http://www.cigarpass...ndpost&p=681903

The fact your in agreement with JHolmes should be your first clue.
laugh.gif

LOL- he's got a point!

DOH!

edit...I still luv uuuze bottth! :blush:

As someone who knows a bit about posting I have never broken 30 in a day and see no reason why anyone would ever need too, joking around or not. Nothing any of us says is that important (except my Cigar Girl® posts) that it can't wait.

As someone who knows a bit about posting I have never broken 30 in a day and see no reason why anyone would ever need too, joking around or not. Nothing any of us says is that important (except my Cigar Girl® posts) that it can't wait.

I don't think I've ever broken 15 in a day, but then again, I'm not you or Dave. Are we to start calling everyone out who posts more than 40 in a day? Where do you draw the line with censorship. What happened to the friendliest cigar community of the web. Anyways, between this thread possibly some PMs that Gary mentioned, bfishy seems to have succeeded in his censor of Dave. I for one will miss his reviews.

BTW, someone should PM Rod and have him institute a daily post limit.

I don't think there's a need for a daily post limit. There is, however, a need to avoid vacuous posts that add to nothing but the storage size of the forum. Quality over quantity, and some self restraint.

Oh my, what happened here, Dave is a good guy that was getting into the swing of things.

Sam agreeing with John on an issue? Gary not posting a tasty link and various stances both pro and con on the issue. Did I re-cap the thread? I don't know why if something bothers you, you just don't PM the person and state what it is. No harm no foul for both parties. Try it, it works.

Well another r Monday and I'll work scheduled to work 115 days straight. Now Ray if you can post the girls more often, that would work for me!

I don't think I've ever broken 15 in a day, but then again, I'm not you or Dave. Are we to start calling everyone out who posts more than 40 in a day? Where do you draw the line with censorship. What happened to the friendliest cigar community of the web. Anyways, between this thread possibly some PMs that Gary mentioned, bfishy seems to have succeeded in his censor of Dave. I for one will miss his reviews.

BTW, someone should PM Rod and have him institute a daily post limit.

I guess if this were the first instance of chenman's drive by shooting style of posting, I would be in agreement that Ben is out of line. There have been several times that he tops like 10 topics in 11 minutes in either or both the review threads or the Intro forum. I didn't see where someone asked chenman to leave, only that his post spamming was annoying. If he left after the first slight criticism and ribbing, I guess I would suggest thicker skin. If he has left, I too think it's unfortunate, but other people have been called on and ribbed for posting a lot and have stuck around.

I guess when there's no drama, drama has to be created, right? What's the big deal? I just reviewed chenmans posts, and he never once broke the rules. All he did was attempt to become an active participant, nothing more. Calling him out like this is unwarranted. If chenman did in fact leave quietly, that's pretty damn sad.

Some of you guys post continuous drivel, yet because you're in the "clique" it's ok.

Ben - this could have been handled more appropriately and with a bit more tact.

As I said before, there will be absolutely no more cliques who feel they are above the rules and need to police CP how they see fit. This ended a few months ago, and we're not going back to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.