• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Chicago reccomendation

thevalkrye

uhh huh huh huh...member.
I am in Chicago until October 30th and was looking for some food/cigar/cool stuff to do recommendations while I am here. You Chicago boys do a monthly herf I thought I read somehwere too.

I'm staying on N La Salle Dr if that helps anybody!

Thanks all.

You have to hit up the Billy Goat! The original, not that Navy Pier crap.

So Claudio tells me you've come to learn about real hockey here from the city with the STANLEY CUP CHAMPION BLACKHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We'll definitely hang out while you're here. Up-down tobacco, Iwan Ries, Jack Schwartz, Blue Havana are all places you can smoke. Take advantage of the weather and enjoy millenium, grant or lincoln parks while lighting up too. Rob300c (visiting from NYC)and I will be in the city Thursday eating, smoking and drinking.

That reminds me...Claudio, remember, Thursday, we're going to meet up at 8 to 8 after I grab Rob from the airport and get some Portillos.

So Claudio tells me you've come to learn about real hockey here from the city with the STANLEY CUP CHAMPION BLACKHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We'll definitely hang out while you're here. Up-down tobacco, Iwan Ries, Jack Schwartz, Blue Havana are all places you can smoke. Take advantage of the weather and enjoy millenium, grant or lincoln parks while lighting up too. Rob300c (visiting from NYC)and I will be in the city Thursday eating, smoking and drinking.

That reminds me...Claudio, remember, Thursday, we're going to meet up at 8 to 8 after I grab Rob from the airport and get some Portillos.

Thursday it is Mac!
thumbs-up.gif

I am up for getting a cigar or 2 in before Oct 30th.

Check with Eric (JackSchwartz). Top notch BOTL in Chicago.

Visiting Eric is a MUST! I had a great time meeting him a few summers back. He treated me like a regular customer, even though that was the first time I'd met him or stepped foot in his shop!! I owe him repeat business as soon as I end my buying freeze, that's for darn sure!

I am in Chicago until October 30th and was looking for some food/cigar/cool stuff to do recommendations while I am here. You Chicago boys do a monthly herf I thought I read somehwere too.

I'm staying on N La Salle Dr if that helps anybody!

Thanks all.

There are some good cigar digs in Chicago near you:

Iwan Reis on Wabash (19 S) is a good choice and has been there forever; the lounge has a very sophisticated feel to it, though I think you need membership to enter it, not sure. On 1550 N Wells there is Up Down Cigar. Tesa Cigar Co has a more grungy, hip feel to it, on 464 N Halsted. I feel Blue Havana is a bit overrated, but feel free to check it out...ride the Red Line north to Belmont. If you will be in the suburbs, 8to8 Cigar on Roosevelt in Villa Park is hands down my favorite place to buy cigars and has a good lounge and TV.

Cool stuff to do? What kind of "stuff" do you like? This is the 3rd largest, and perhaps 2nd most urban area in the US...there's pretty much anything for anyone to do. You can't really go wrong with any food choices...Chicago has some of the best in the world (and I travel for a living and can vouch for that). My only recommendation is stay away from the touristy crap: ie Navy Pier, Sears Tower, Michigan Ave, etc etc...check out the neighborhoods! Let me know if you need more info.

Saturday we'll be hitting Three Floyds if anyone is interested. Duncan is here in Chicago for brewing classes at Goose Island Brewery so i thought i'd take him to where Dark Lord Imperial Stout is made. There is a tour through the plant and we'll be taking it before hitting the pub.
thumbs-up.gif

If you get a chance i know it will be alittle of a hike but go check out Casa De Monte Cristo in Willow Springs great place youll like it im sure of it!
http://www.casademontecristo-chicago.com/