• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Chicken Alice's fried chicken

oke&coke

Shut up baby I know it!
image.jpeg
I made this recipe I got a hold of a few weeks ago and it was quite good. This recipe comes from a popular restaurant called Chicken Alice that closed up shop in 1995. The first time I made it the only changes I made were using cut up chicken thighs and a different brand of Kim chee sauce though I have located the brand noted. I'm making it again tonight but this time I cut down the salt to 1 tbsp and added 2 tbsp sugar at my wife's insistence and added a few more garlic cloves. I will post up on how it comes out.

Looks good! I'd be tempted to add some Ginger or Galangal.

It seems to be very open to variation. Just got done eating it and came out very well though I would add a little more salt, maybe 1-1/2tbsp. The other thing I should note is that because I made such a big batch I didn't cook them all one time but over several days with the chicken in the batter the whole time. It did seem to taste better the next day.

Made this again tonight but this time I had the brand of Kim chee sauce the recipe calls for. This time it had a lot more flavor and spice going on. Tastes way better this time around.

There's a big one right at the top you wingless bat. But I will get one of the fried chicken when I do some more today.

Lmao I know. Just gave me a reason to bust your chops.

Ha, "wingless bat" made me chuckle.