• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Chili Pepper

SiriusBlack

Always make it look easy...
So when Moki gave me this cigar a few months ago, the deal was I had to do a review when I smoked it. I don't really like doing them because I am not that good at them but a deal is a deal.

Initial puff was amazingly clean. That's the best way to describe it. No bite or harshness or warming up period. It was "clean". I found the pull to be a little challenging after first but that may have been to an improper initial cut. So I clipped off another little piece and the smoke just let loose! Big beautiful clouds of white smoke. It was great. The reason for chili pepper name comes out very early. Once the smoke started flowing there was an unmistakable pepper taste on my lips in addition to oil from the gorgeous wrapper.

The more I smoked the more the pepper taste stood out on my tongue and even in the back of my throat. Then I quickly began to feel the power behind this cigar. The strength is actually very surprising because it comes out of no where. It didn't really put me on my butt because I ate a good meal before taking this on. I think for a relatively small/short stick there is a ton of flavor and character to this cigar. The only problem I had was that it went out on me a number of times but that may have been my fault. So I won't put that on the cigar. In my opinion its an amazing smoke because the quality and the craftsmanship comes through with each puff. I really enjoyed this cigar.

I've been holding on to one of these for a few years now, but I still haven't been able to smoke one yet. In my mind, I'd expect these special release Opus to be similar in profile to the regular release. From your review, I get the feeling that this is the case. Thanks for the great review!

Very courageous man. I got put on my back wishing the world would stop spinning when I had my first Opus X Fuente Fuente on X-mas Day '07 :laugh:
Since then I've collected more, smoked a couple...........great cigars...........but my hands shake when I decide to grab one to fire up. I really treat these with the respect they deserve, even more so your Chili Pepper. I trip out reading about how many some guys can smoke here. :p

Dave

Nice Review, Double D gave me one for my birthday last year and because I have (had) enough "normal" opus I decided to just let it sit in my humidor to age. I was really surprised on how small the chilli pepper is. Moki's website made them look a lot bigger some how. Yeah I know, I obviously ignored the relationship to the quarter in the pictures.

This is a cigar at the top of my wish list. Continues to elude me...but can't wait to get one and smoke it. Thanks for the review. :thumbs:

Nice review. I have had the pleasure of smoking a chili pepper as well, and I really enjoyed it. It definitely has a slightly different flavor from the regular production Opus.

So wait, you finally not got the courage to smoke it, or you did smoke it?? ???

Glad you enjoyed it SB, them's are tasty. Not as spicy as I would have expected though, it just tastes like a good mild aged Opus. :thumbs:

Glad you enjoyed it SB, them's are tasty. Not as spicy as I would have expected though, it just tastes like a good mild aged Opus. :thumbs:

How would you know, you put it down barely half way in until I shamed you into nubbing it. :laugh:

Very courageous man. I got put on my back wishing the world would stop spinning when I had my first Opus X Fuente Fuente on X-mas Day '07 :laugh:
Since then I've collected more, smoked a couple...........great cigars...........but my hands shake when I decide to grab one to fire up. I really treat these with the respect they deserve, even more so your Chili Pepper. I trip out reading about how many some guys can smoke here. :p

Dave

In my post I said it didn't put me on my butt. Well as soon as i sent that post I was a sleep 5 minutes later. I didn't get sick or anything but it relaxed the hell out of me. I never posted the photos becuase I couldn't hold my head up any longer. I only took a few anyway.

So when Moki gave me this cigar a few months ago, the deal was I had to do a review when I smoked it. I don't really like doing them because I am not that good at them but a deal is a deal.

Initial puff was amazingly clean. That's the best way to describe it. No bite or harshness or warming up period. It was "clean". I found the pull to be a little challenging after first but that may have been to an improper initial cut. So I clipped off another little piece and the smoke just let loose! Big beautiful clouds of white smoke. It was great. The reason for chili pepper name comes out very early. Once the smoke started flowing there was an unmistakable pepper taste on my lips in addition to oil from the gorgeous wrapper.

The more I smoked the more the pepper taste stood out on my tongue and even in the back of my throat. Then I quickly began to feel the power behind this cigar. The strength is actually very surprising because it comes out of no where. It didn't really put me on my butt because I ate a good mean before taking this on. I think for a relatively small/short stick there is a ton of flavor and character to this cigar. The only problem I had was that it went out on me a number of times but that may have been my fault. So I won't put that on the cigar. In my opinion its an amazing smoke because the quality and the craftsmanship comes through with each puff. I really enjoyed this cigar.

Cool... thanks for the review, K! ;)

Dave

In my post I said it didn't put me on my butt. Well as soon as i sent that post I was a sleep 5 minutes later. I didn't get sick or anything but it relaxed the hell out of me. I never posted the photos becuase I couldn't hold my head up any longer. I only took a few anyway.

Sirius, I was only referring to my experience of smoking an Opus, not to put you in the same category as me. However, I totally understand what you spoke of as sometimes after a good cigar I go to sleep for a while :laugh: Not sure why it happens, but I just roll with it (literally) :sign:

Sirius, I was only referring to my experience of smoking an Opus, not to put you in the same category as me. However, I totally understand what you spoke of as sometimes after a good cigar I go to sleep for a while :laugh: Not sure why it happens, but I just roll with it (literally) :sign:

It's probably due to the total relaxation that results from enjoying a nice stogie.