• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Chinese Made Humidor Or Not

LPFerrante

A little background, I came back to cigars in 2016.

After I decided I would stay a while, I bought a desk top Chinese made humidor. I battled with that thing for months and couldn't get it to hold RH above 64. This was using Boveda and then beads. Finally, I bought a higher priced humidor. I seasoned it and never looked back.

I just wanted to know your take on the let's call them budget friendly humidors.

It can still be inexpensive and functional. I mean Honda Civic will still get you to the grocery store.
Don’t discount it because you can spend an additional $200 on something that does the same thing.

Mine required some silicone around the glass and some weather stripping, but then held humidity rock solid.

It's been said before; a cooler is the least expensive, most stable storage you can buy. Before my cabinet I had four or five coolers running. Boring to open them, week after week, and see '65' on the hygrometer. Before buying some cheap humi of questionable integrity (which you may end up fighting with forever), I'd get a cooler and beads. Buy more beads than required for extra stability and fast recovery time. Get a good hygrometer, like a SensorPush, salt test / calibrate it and you're good to go. I used to use bubble wrap to take up the extra room in the cooler, when I only had a couple boxes in there. Yes, that really happened, a long time ago....:D Worked great. Once you have "real" storage, if you want a dry box humidor for looks, there are lots of cheap boxes that will work fine. But, only because your dry box is, well, supposed to be low RH. And you'll have long term storage you can count on, and check without opening the lid. As they say, one man's opinion.....

Oh, and to add sauce to the goose, SensorPush has a 20% off deal running through the weekend;

Starting now through the weekend, use the code BFSENSORP19 to get 20% off of any SensorPush gear on any of the Amazon marketplaces where SensorPush is sold

It's been said before; a cooler is the least expensive, most stable storage you can buy. Before my cabinet I had four or five coolers running. Boring to open them, week after week, and see '65' on the hygrometer. Before buying some cheap humi of questionable integrity (which you may end up fighting with forever), I'd get a cooler and beads. Buy more beads than required for extra stability and fast recovery time. Get a good hygrometer, like a SensorPush, salt test / calibrate it and you're good to go. I used to use bubble wrap to take up the extra room in the cooler, when I only had a couple boxes in there. Yes, that really happened, a long time ago....:D Worked great. Once you have "real" storage, if you want a dry box humidor for looks, there are lots of cheap boxes that will work fine. But, only because your dry box is, well, supposed to be low RH. And you'll have long term storage you can count on, and check without opening the lid. As they say, one man's opinion.....

Oh, and to add sauce to the goose, SensorPush has a 20% off deal running through the weekend;

Starting now through the weekend, use the code BFSENSORP19 to get 20% off of any SensorPush gear on any of the Amazon marketplaces where SensorPush is sold
This is the most practical way to go. Even though I said what I said above.