• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Christmas traditions

wam79

Each Christmas eve the wife and I go for a drive. I have tapes with our favorite Christmas carols that we listen to. We have a spot that we like stop at. We sit together and relax watching the sunset. My wife saw hwr first and only "green flash" here.
Then we go someplace nice for supper. After the meal we drive around the island looking at the displays and lisening to the music. I'll smoke one of my favorites.
We both work during the holidays and the eve has become special to us.
Today I'll make the reservation for supper :)

Anyone else have something they do every year?

Bill

Insted of buying a tree or putting up some crappy looking fake, I buy a young potted tree and decorate it, put presents under it, etc. Then after Christmas I plant it. I guess that is the activist in me, think globally, act locally.

Emo

We screw in front of the Christmas tree. Usually it's our tree, but sometimes it's just the one with the lights on it, in the neighbors front yard.

Matt R said:
We screw in front of the Christmas tree. Usually it's our tree, but sometimes it's just the one with the lights on it, in the neighbors front yard.
[snapback]151266[/snapback]​

Doin' it to Christmas carols?

My parents started a tradition of watching national lampoon's christmas vacation when I was in junior high. My wife of the past four years has seen it every year that we've been married. I can recite lines from it verbatim. :laugh: :cool:

I think (hope) we just started a new one. Ever since I have known my wife, we could NOT get to Christmas without watching White Christmas with Bing and Rosemary. As a matter of fact we usually watch it 5 or 6 times, every year :0

We just finished watching Ernest Saves Christmas Yeah Vern, you got that right, that there's the one :laugh: And if I play my cards right, we may just have us a New Tradition ;) :whistling:

I can hear Matt's neighbors now...

Honey come to the window quick the Rousey's are at it again and they're using "our tree this year"

TFF Matt

I get tanked every Christmas Eve....been doing so since I was about 15 years old

wam79 said:
My wife saw hwr first and only "green flash" here.

I proposed to my wife on the Crystal Pier in San Diego, right after a Green Flash!
Not on Christmas, though.

I have to watch Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer every year. I started my son watching it this year. Also, a neighbor dropped off an Advent calender this year, so my son and I do that every night before he goes to bed.

Greg

Christmas Eve is my favorite holiday of the entire year. My family has a big Italian dinner with all the trimmings (Anchovi Linguini, Bakala, and much much more), lots of wine too. My favorite movie to watch every year is "A Christmas Story". Been watching it ever since I was little. Santa Claus comes to visit Christmas Eve night for my niece and nephew. I'll post some pictures of Santa later. Having little kids in the family makes it even more fun. :)

Ah. Christmas tradition. Like all good jews I go to the movies and then enjoy a feast of the food of my people... Chinese takeout. :D

I make a list of the gifts received and who gave them to me. Then I spend the rest of the day trying to figure out WTF they were thinking about that made them pick that gift for me.

Gift certificates.....
no thought but nice to receive. Have to take into consideration where the certificate is to. A nice restaurant puts them on my "A" list for next year..... Bed Bath & Beyond, if its for enough money, I trade the wife for sex.

Cloths.....
why would anyone buy cloths for anybody over the age of 18? I always have to take it back so I can get something I'd actually wear. Do people really believe I want to wear what they like? I don't wear sweaters and I get at least two every christmas. The dogs seem to like sleeping on them though.

Gadgits....
usually cheap bs that they found piled on a table in a dept store with the storage dust from last year. Prob a big sign that said 2/$10. Usually breaks before New Years. Occassionally someone does give me a gadgit that I'll use..... at least once. Wish I knew where I put that shoeshine automatic buffer thingy.

DVD's....
like anyone besides my wife knows what kind of movies I would like. Received "Strays" and "Terror on the Wind" last year. Trust me when I tell you there is not a clasification to put these movies. I mean, when was the last time you were attacked by a tumbleweed? If they paid more than .50 cents for both they paid to much. The only redeeming part of that gift was I can use the case to store a ripped movie.

Fruit Cakes....
yep, I've received these before but found how to get even. I store it in the addic with the rest of my christmas stuff until next year and then send it back to the person who gave it to me. (Its smart to put a small mark on the bottom of the tin can... just to be sure they are not doing the same thing to you the following year.)

Duck hunting gear....
even though I prob already have one of everything ever designed for duck hunting this person put some thought into the present. Move them to my "A" list.

Cigars from my "non cigar" friends....
most of my "non cigar smoking" friends know not to ever try and buy me cigars. I do not tell them "How nice, Thankyou!" when I open a package of drugstore cigars. I tell them "Can you get your money back? Sorry but I would never smoke those". First off I said they were my friends so I can say that and second, I'm not about to let them think it was appropriate less I get them again next year.

Cigars from my "cigar smoking" friends....
seldom a problem here. Another person who moves to my "A" list.

Tools.....
while these are nice gifts I take **** that needs fixin to someone that knows how to fix it. I ain't no mechanic, plumber, electriction, or carpenter and don't pretend to be one. They do look good hanging on the wall in the garage so this person gets on the "A" list just not at the top.

Any animal....
if you give me an animal you better be prepared to come over everyday and care for it or it will die. I don't care how cute those fish look in the cup at Walmart, I don't want one. Now if someone buys me two of them fish and a bigger bowl I can see some redeeming worth in the entertainment department for a brief time. That would be enough to know this person thought about me and what I would like when buying it..... another person to the "A" list. (if you've never understood why those fish are kept in solitude you really do need to experience putting two or more together once in your life time)

Booze....
see my comments about cigars from "non smokers" and "smokers" and insert "non drinker" and "drinker"

Cash, Stocks, Bonds, Mineral rights, or a hot racing horse tip....
Who cares how much thought was put into it..... to the top of the "A" list.

Sex....
depends on who its with but usually makes it to the "A" list if they put any effort into it. Good looking neighbors wife doesn't have to participate just be in the room with me while I "handle" the situation. Put myself on the "A" list.

Jungle Sex....
doesn't matter who its with..... (except Matt) "A" list.

Merry Christmas everybody! :D :cool:

I think you'd have to put him/her at the top of the A list too, not just yourself. ??? ???

Allofus123 said:
Sex....
depends on who its with but usually makes it to the "A" list if they put any effort into it. Good looking neighbors wife doesn't have to participate just be in the room with me while I "handle" the situation. Put myself on the "A" list.

Merry Christmas everybody! :D :cool:
[snapback]151601[/snapback]​

other1 said:
Ah. Christmas tradition. Like all good jews I go to the movies and then enjoy a feast of the food of my people... Chinese takeout.  :D
[snapback]151583[/snapback]​

All of my Jewish friends and neighbors have the same tradition. They also have a poker game and cigar smoker on Christmas Eve!

We watch Christmas Vacation and after Santa has put together all of the stuff he gets to smoke a cigar inside by the fire.

Edited for capitalization

I usually catch up with the "locals" at the "Trolley Pub" in Willimantic in the afternoon on the 24th. Sad thing is many of the people who I want to see don't show up anymore :( (they've become "family" men or some such nonsense).

This year I didn't go, maybe next year.....

Me and my g/f have started to go the movies on Christmas. We're seeing Meet the Fockers this year :laugh: :thumbs: