• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Churchills

Fyodor

I'm looking to buy a box of churchills and was wondering if you guys could give me some suggestions. I would like something under $300 a box, so the Sir Winstons and Esplendidos are out. Any ideas?

At the $300 threshold you should be able to get a LOT of choice. How about the grand-daddy of all Churchills (the vitola (Julieta No.2) that was HIS personal favorite and now carries his name) - the RyJ Churchill - under $250. There are also currently a few offerings for some sticks with age - 1997-1998 of the PUNCH Churchills for under the $250 mark. as I said - you get to be selective at that price range for this cigar. Good Luck and happy smoking.

The RyJ and Upmann Monarchs are my two favorites for under 300.00. Both should be able to be found with maybe a few years of age.

Thanks for the replies. Thanks for the info TVST*R but I already have a good sorce that I am particular to. It looks like the H.upmann Monarchs are highly recomended. I was thinking possibly Bolivar Gigantes. Any more sugestions?

If you look around, you can sometimes find the Partagas Lusitanias for around $250. Great cigar. Keeps a consistency of flavor throughout the length of the cigar.

Strayvector said:
If you look around, you can sometimes find the Partagas Lusitanias for around $250. Great cigar. Keeps a consistency of flavor throughout the length of the cigar.
[snapback]215126[/snapback]​

Yeah I am seriously thinking about getting some of these. I prefer the Churchill size to the Double Corona but these are looking like the best bet for my money right now.

If your looking for mild-medium RyJ

Full flavored go with the Bolivar, they are awesome....

The '97 Punch Churchills Doc mentioned are phenominal cigars but are quite mild. '98 RyJ's are also excellent and with a bit more strength.

I'm splitting hairs here, but Lusis are Double Coronas (7-5/8 x 49) and are a 1/2 inch longer and a little fatter than standard churchills (7x47). That said, they are fantastic double coronas and fit into the price range you listed.

If you are looking for a nice mild-medium yet flavorful churchill, I highly recommend the Hoyo de Monterrey. Creamy and nutty, they are a great morning smoke with a coffee and are my go-to starting smoke when I know I'll be smoking all day.

For something with more a$$ behind it, the SCDH El Morro is kind of in between a churchill and a DC at 7x49. GREAT SMOKE! Med-full bodied and extremely flavorful. one of my favorite big cigars.

Ralph said:
I'm splitting hairs here, but Lusis are Double Coronas (7-5/8 x 49) and are a 1/2 inch longer and a little fatter than standard churchills (7x47). That said, they are fantastic double coronas and fit into the price range you listed.

If you are looking for a nice mild-medium yet flavorful churchill, I highly recommend the Hoyo de Monterrey. Creamy and nutty, they are a great morning smoke with a coffee and are my go-to starting smoke when I know I'll be smoking all day.

For something with more a$$ behind it, the SCDH El Morro is kind of in btween a churchill and a DC at 7x49. GREAT SMOKE! Med-full bodied and extremely flavorful. one of my favorite big cigars.
[snapback]215300[/snapback]​

OH YEAH!! I forgot about the SC El Morros. :thumbs: They are a unique vitola, a "Pacos" which measures 7x49, kind of like a short Prominentes or a fat Churchill, depending on how you want to look at it!! :laugh: I would go with these but try to avoid '00 & '01 box codes as I've had too many plugged SCs from those years.

coventrycat86 said:
Ralph said:

For something with more a$$ behind it, the SCDH El Morro is kind of in between a churchill and a DC at 7x49. GREAT SMOKE! Med-full bodied and extremely flavorful. one of my favorite big cigars.
[snapback]215300[/snapback]​

OH YEAH!! I forgot about the SC El Morros. :thumbs: They are a unique vitola, a "Pacos" which measures 7x49, kind of like a short Prominentes or a fat Churchill, depending on how you want to look at it!! :laugh: I would go with these but try to avoid '00 & '01 box codes as I've had too many plugged SCs from those years.
[snapback]215303[/snapback]​

PACO! That was it. Thanks Cat. "Fat churchill" was all I could think of!

I'm smoking through a box of '02s that have not had any draw problems whatsoever.

Thanks for all the suggestions! It's been really helpful. I think I am going to go with the Lusitanias but the SC El Morros suggestion has given me something to think about.

I would go with the aforementioned RyJ Churchill, or the Punch Monarcas. Two fabulous cigars.

Probably the cigar size I spend the least amount of time with. For me, I'd rather smoke two coronas or two robustos, or some other mix/match if I have the time.

But to answer your question, try to find something in this size with some age. They will take a long time to mature/develop into their potential.

Upmann Monarchs or Boli CG would be my choices.

Hoyo churchills are IMHO very nice and in the price range, so are Partagas, but the SLR's are also very good.