• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CI deal 8 stick for $10

[/quote]

I guess you can't read. But any issues I've had with CI they have resolved ASAP, so I'm sure they will offer to mail you a shipping label to ship all the sticks back.

NOTE: one (1) per customer please. Quantities greater than one will be reduced. From time to time, a substitution may occur.
[/quote]

I guess you don't comprehend what you read! It says a substitution NOT substitutionS. So of course I would accept one change BUT not three!!

I guess you don't comprehend what you read! It says a substitution NOT substitutionS. So of course I would accept one change BUT not three!!

I can comprehend what I am reading just fine. If you would have placed an order for 8 singles and they replaced 3 of them, that would have been 3 substitutions. But you placed an order for (1) sampler, hence they made one substitution, granted that substitution involved three cigars. Nonetheless I see that as one substitution.

We can argue the semantics of this until we are blue in the face.

Call or email them and either have them send you a mailing label so that you can ship them back. Take it as a lesson learned and move on.

And if you want a good sampler, head over to the Newbie Sampler Thread and I'm sure a FOG will take care of you.

So I emailed them a nasty letter telling them I would never purchase from them again.

Maybe next time start with a non-nasty letter and see what that will get you.
My first boss long ago told me that some customers you just have to fire. Sugar normally works better than salt.

Haha! Love the bickering and ball busting!....frickin' newbies! :rolleyes:

the funniest part is what the bickering is over:

look, i don't have a ton of money to spend on cigars, but i definitely wouldn't be complaining about this.

it's 8 decent cigars for TEN F*CKING DOLLARS!

holy moly, i'll bet that TWO of the cigars they DID send you are worth $10 anyplace else......

I ordered this as well and had several swapped out by CI. I'm new to cigars so I couldn't say if the replacements are better/worse than what's listed on the offer.

Still, under $2@ after shipping is hard to beat on some decent cigars to sample.

groucho

Yes I am a wifey! if you don't believe me check out my profile. That is me.
anyways. I did get what i purchased online. I havent had any problems with them yet.

chryssy

Just got mine this morning and I expected a sub or two but not six! haha oh well, it was cheap. Here is how it panned out..

- 5 Vegas Torpedo (6.0"x44)
- CAO Black Ltd. Bengal (6.0"x50)
- Fonseca Serie 'F' Robusto (5.0"x52) Got it
- Gurkha Expedition Toro (6.0"x50) Got it
- Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Double Corona (7.5"x52)
- Black Pearl Rojo by La Perla Habana Robusto (4.75"x52)
- Perdomo Reserve La Tradicion Maduro 'C' (7.0"x54)
- Reserva Maxima Robusto by Puros Indios (5.0"x50)

SUBS -
Car. Torano Exodus 1959 - Toro
826 Slow Aged - Glorioso
Felipe Gregorio - Belicoso
5 Vegas Gold - Churchill
Indian Tabac Super Fuerte - Toro Maduro
Perdomo Reserve Cameroon - Toro

I do a lot off buisness with ci. I bet if you contacted them they would find a solution. I ordered this mostly for the gurkha and the carlos torano but truth be known for ten bucks I dont care if they substitute.

I do a lot off buisness with ci. I bet if you contacted them they would find a solution. I ordered this mostly for the gurkha and the carlos torano but truth be known for ten bucks I dont care if they substitute.

It was my first order with CI so I placed a call to see what they would say. He basically said there isnt much they can do, which is understandable based on the price I paid. He did explain that these samplers are basically comprised of cigars that have been returned so stock will always vary.

I agree for $10.00 it was well worth it.

Arlo

the funniest part is what the bickering is over:

look, i don't have a ton of money to spend on cigars, but i definitely wouldn't be complaining about this.

it's 8 decent cigars for TEN F*CKING DOLLARS!

holy moly, i'll bet that TWO of the cigars they DID send you are worth $10 anyplace else......

Just got mine this morning and I expected a sub or two but not six! haha oh well, it was cheap. Here is how it panned out..

- 5 Vegas Torpedo (6.0"x44)
- CAO Black Ltd. Bengal (6.0"x50)
- Fonseca Serie 'F' Robusto (5.0"x52) Got it
- Gurkha Expedition Toro (6.0"x50) Got it
- Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Double Corona (7.5"x52)
- Black Pearl Rojo by La Perla Habana Robusto (4.75"x52)
- Perdomo Reserve La Tradicion Maduro 'C' (7.0"x54)
- Reserva Maxima Robusto by Puros Indios (5.0"x50)

SUBS -
Car. Torano Exodus 1959 - Toro
826 Slow Aged - Glorioso
Felipe Gregorio - Belicoso
5 Vegas Gold - Churchill
Indian Tabac Super Fuerte - Toro Maduro
Perdomo Reserve Cameroon - Toro

I ordered 20 of the Reserva Maxima Robusto's a few weeks ago, if you want to try a couple send me a PM.

is this deal still going on? i copy and pasted the link and got nothing ;/

worked for me. just try clicking on it and not copying/paste. make sure you read the fine print ;) (as you can tell by previous posts, more than likely, they'll substitute some of the cigars but i think its still a good deal)

The subs seem to be in line with what they offered originally. JMHO, of course.

I also ordered this deal so I would have some less expensive sticks for friend who come over. I was also hoping for the CAO Black and Perdomo Reserve Maduro. I knew I may not get them from the posts on this thread.

If you all go back to the advetisement, the picture shows all of the wonderful sticks we think we are getting. Now, read the advertisement and see what CI lists as the sticks in the package. They are not the same!!!

Seems a bit of bait and switch.. I looked at the picture and assumed that is what they were providing!! Lesson learned folks. Enjoy the 10 sticks, still a good price.

Regards,

Jason

Here is the response I recieved from CI. Very professional:

Customer Service Correspondence
Subject: 8 sticks for $10

Customer service comment by: Jessica Date: 9/21/2006 1:49 PM
Jason,

Thank you for your interest in Cigars International. We are sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the selection that was sent to you in the First Class Premium Sampler. The picture that is listed, is put there for reference only. The cigars variety that is included in this sampler is put in there depending on inventory.

If you are unhappy with the selection and would like to return the entire sampler for a refund, we will be more than happy to set this up for you.

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. Have a great day!

My Comment Date: 9/21/2006 9:23 AM
Order Confirmation #1948967

Several members of CigarPass.com and myself have ordered this sampler. There has been some dissapointment regarding the picture showing CAO Black and other sticks, while the text list others and that is what was provided.

Overall everyone has enjoyed great service and prices from CI. I would just like to get a response to post on the website so that everyone can understand what happend and continue to enjoy CI without any hard feelings.

Please let me know why the picture does not match the cigars listed (a bit misleading) and if there is anything unhappy customers can do to correct this. Please continue the great service.

Thank you much.

Sincerely,

Jason Quade

Seems like they want to make things right with the world.

I've dealt with Jessica on a few occasions and she (and CI/Cbd in gereral) offer great customer service.

I've dealt with Jessica on a few occasions and she (and CI/Cbd in general) offer great customer service.

Jessica saved me from getting a box of wrong cigars when I clicked on the wrong size of 5 Vegas 'A's, very fast, and very friendly service.

He did explain that these samplers are basically comprised of cigars that have been returned so stock will always vary.

Anyone know if this is true? And if it is, is anyone else grossed out?

He did explain that these samplers are basically comprised of cigars that have been returned so stock will always vary.

Anyone know if this is true? And if it is, is anyone else grossed out?

Don't know for sure but I would guess that it is true and no, I'm not grossed out.

I do know that the Perdomo Reserve Series P that came in my sampler was damn good yesterday. :D

groucho